Find
Notify
Tools

Talley Lighweights - How lightweight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted
I'm curious. Honestly I'm getting some because I like the design. Less weight is a bonus.

But how much do they actually weigh and how lightweight are they?

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't give you an exact weight but I have them on 4 Rem 700 hunting rigs. The 1 piece ring/base combo is the bomb IMHO. After lapping there is not much removed. Same MO for all the ones I've done. \

Great people to work with as well.

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BISCUT:
Can't give you an exact weight but I have them on 4 Rem 700 hunting rigs. The 1 piece ring/base combo is the bomb IMHO. After lapping there is not much removed. Same MO for all the ones I've done. \

Great people to work with as well.

I'm glad to hear you've had great luck with them. I'm going to put them on a Mark V. I was also considering Leupold Dual Dovetails. After I found these I thought I really wanted to try them.

Minimum material removal after lapping is great news. I may be upgrading some more if I like these as much as I suspect I will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Talley lightweight rings/bases for a Remington 700, medium height. They weigh 2.4 ounces, including the screws. I prefer the Talley lightweights to any of the other types of rings and mounts I have tried. Regardless of how much they weigh, they perform as expected and I think they give a clean look to my rifle.

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I got the Talley Lightweights today. Just a guess on my part because I just discovered my scale is broken. They save me about 2 ounces.

Hey that's a welcome bonus.

They went on perfect. There was no need to lap them. My mandrel laid down in them perfectly. Maybe I just got lucky but regardless, I'm seriously impressed!