Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any body here can tell me about them ?
Thinking of mounting one on my Savage ppf in .308 The 2x8 version...tj

Posts: 605 | Location: OR | Registered: 28 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a low power like new GS Weaver in a gun trade some time back, sold the gun and kept the scope..It was bright and clear, and worked like a charm and so far no problem with fogging in Idahos wet and cold. I would recommend them based on that one scope, and the price is sure right..

The old Weavers fogged up pretty regularly for me..They were fine in West Texas growing up, but when I got to Idaho they weren't worth a flip, had all manner of problems with them as did my friends from Texas when they came hunting..That was a long time ago..

I am a dyed in the wool Leupold fan, have been for near a long lifetime, but an ocassional older Weaver showed up now and then, and other than in cold, wet, snowy, or humid, weather, they were pretty good scopes. The old models make a good truck scope! Eeker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
I have a Grand Slam 2x10 version and have enjoyed it. I cannot compare it to a leupold having never owned one. It compares well to the Sightron SII and is better than the Burris Fullfield II. I would put these scopes in the order of the Weaver, then the Sightron then the Burris considering low light conditions. While each of these scopes is obviously a bid different for cost point this is the reference point that I can offer for comparison. Hope this helps.

I'd buy another based on my experience with the one that I have.

lc