New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheaper upper end scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which do you think is better; The cheaper models by Zeiss, Swarovski, Steiner, or Kahles?

one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
You should rephrase that question. It should read; Out of the three which do you recommend of The cheaper models by Zeiss, Swarovski, or Kahles?

Steiner is not even in the same class with these guys, everyone I have seen has been of pretty poor optical quality.

Any of the three make excellent scopes of comparable quality, I would give the upper hand to swarovski.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
Swarovski has a cheap model? bewildered

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did Steiner start making scopes again?

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do like the conquest,but the swarovski av series are smaller and lighter.I have the swarovski 3x10x42 on all of my hunting rifles and am very pleased.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You forgot to mention one of the two best European scopes available: Schmidt&Bender
These people, like Swarowski, have never given in to the temptation of producing a cheaper model for the sake of a greater turn over (like Zeiss did)
They only offer one quality; the very best!

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If meopta scopes are avaliable in your country, check them out, these scopes have excellent optics particularly the meostar line, in my oppinion equal to swarovski and khales but at a better price.

http://www.meopta.com/index.php?id=17&lang=en#

http://www.olin.com.au/PDFs/meoptacatalogue.pdf

Posts: 318 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't see bullet holes at 200 with zeiss or leopold.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You also left out IOR Valdada. Excellent glass, and well made. I have a fixed 4x IOR Valdada that is just startling crisp, sharp, and has excellent resolution. They have rugged variables, and higher power fixed scopes too (6x, 8x, 10x, 16x).

I will likely get another due to the quality and performance I see with this scope. I have it on my CZ 550 in 9.3x62 (my "all-European rifle").

Check them out.

http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/02?token=5rjtAAQ1WYzn4EzK9FT2Ug