THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Anyone know where I can get a Leica Riflescope ??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can get a Leica Riflescope ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking to get my hands on a Leica Riflescope in a 3.5-10 or a 4.5-14 configuration.

I know they've been discontinued for awhile, but if anyone's got one sitting around that they would like to get rid of let me know.

I would like it to be in very good condition & in matt black.

Thanks,
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
give an outfit names rockstad enterprises a call at 805-434-3567 if anybody's got one it'll be them

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I think they have been discontinued for a "long" while as I don't recall seeing or hearing of one for years and I have never seen one. Are you sure they actually exist?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's one on Ebay right now and there was a couple for sale last week on Huntamerica.com.....

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Buster, I checked it out and lo and behold there is such a thing as a Leica scope! Of course, it's not made in Germany like the camera lenses, binoculars and spotting scopes they are so famous for. I wonder if even the components are made in Germany?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard rumor they were made by Leupold and rebadged for Leica, but I have no idea if it's true or not....

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Leica scope and it an excellent piece of work. Leupold assembled them in the USA for Leica who mfg the components in Germany. I believe Leupold was also doing the assy work for Steiner scopes at that time. Bear in mind that Zeiss, Swarvoski and other Euro optics firms ship their parts into USA and have them assembled here to avoid duty. I would love to acquire another Leica scope myself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
give an outfit names rockstad enterprises a call at 805-434-3567 if anybody's got one it'll be them

I called them & they did have a couple in stock, but wanted $1,200 for one. I don't think so thumbdown

Not for a scope that's been out of production for 6 years. At that price I can get a Swarovski or S&B.

I'm hoping to get one in very good condition for about $600-$700...Am I dreaming ??? I hope not ! Wink

Thanks for the feedback. Now all I need to do is find one at a decent price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 4.5-14 AO on eBay is now bidded up to $1025! I think for those prices, I might have to consider selling mine!

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Same opinion as Mudstud. I love my Leica scope, but for thsoe prices I will sell mine and buy a S&B or Swarovski.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on my custom and a NIB saved for future but at those prices they might just have to go to eBay.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There one on ebay item #7219511664 is currently at $605 and closes in 18hours (that's 9:33am PST Friday Feburary 24th)

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Up for auction is a LEICA 4.5-14x42F used riflescope. Scope does have ring marks. The rubber bands on the objective and the eye piece are loose.
Damn shame people don't know how to put on a scope Mad
If anyone is interested in this you might check with Leupold as they are the ones that put the scopes together for Leica and maybe could repair the rubber bands on each end.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI, The Leica 4.5-14 AO that we were previously discussing that was auctioned off on eBay sold for $1200.00 US!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hate to say this , but who in their "Right Mind"would buy a scope that's been out of production for 6 years for $1,200...that's more then the price when they were new !!

I think some people get caught up in the Ebay fever of one upmanship in the bidding.

For $1,200 I'll be looking at a Swarovski PH scope.

So much for a Leica.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The Leica scopes are warranted for life and Leupold honors the warranty.

If you call them they recommend you send it to the US Leica importer for warranty plus $35 for shipping. I challenged the lady and asked why I had to send them to Leica USA just so they could turn around and ship them to her and she sighed and said since I knew the "drill" I could send it to Leupold with $15 for shipping and they would handle it.

My overall impression is Leupold isn't thrilled about the arrangement but they honor it none the less. I have two 3.5 x 10s I bought used several years ago and even at $1000-$1200 I'm not tempted to sell them. They are one of the few scopes in that power range without an adjustable objective and I like that. Less moving parts to fail.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a gun shop, they had a new Leica scope in the case. Forgive me for not being exact on the numbers, a lot to remember without writing it down.
Leica Ultravid scope
4-14(that, or something like that).
Price was $699 or $799. I know its been there for a long time-hopefully theyll close it out and I can snag it for a bit less.

Posts: 156 | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I paid $750 something for my Leica 4.5-14 AO brand new back whenever. It seems to me these had a three year warranty on them, but Leica may have extended the warranty to lifetime.