New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which scope would you choose?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a new 300WSM coming in Oct. It's a Montana Arms with a 23" #2 contour barrel. It will have all the Serengeti whistles and bells except open sites. A best grade stock and Talley mounts. Should weight about 7# or a little more without scope and ammo. I also have the same setup in 376 Steyr; with open sites; which should allow me to switch scopes, if necessary with only minor adjustments. I like scopes with heavy reticles such as a #4. I think a scope of 2-5x8 to 3x10 would be about right. Would you keep it all American and go with a Burris or Leupold? Keep it light and American and stick with Leupold? How about the Leupold LPS? Go all out and get a light Swarovski 3x9 or 3x10 or the quality and good price of a Zeiss Conquest with it's 4" of eye relief. The 376 Steyr has 30mm rings with a 1.25x4 Euro Leupold. Someday I think I will change that scope to a 1.5x6 or a 2x7 so one of these 2 rifles will have a 30mm scope on it. I hope both will see action in Africa next year. One more thing, I won this rifle and I am still paying for trophies from last year so I don't want to break the bank over this scope. Ok, lets hear from some of you AR members and I hope to meet some of you in Dallas in Jan if I can make it.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=4025
http://www.riflescopes.com/products/52027/swarovski_3-1...rican_riflescope.htm

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had a custom rifle coming to me and I could afford it I'd buy a scope from US Optics http://www.usoptics.com

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Choose the one that suites your taste in the S&B line......... beer Can't go wrong.... thumb

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you keep it all American and go with a Burris or Leupold? Keep it light and American and stick with Leupold?

The ziess conquest is also assembled in America like leupold.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote