Find
Notify
Tools

Need a little guidance for new optics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted
Hey guys, been a memeber for a little while now and do alot of browsing and reading.

Anyways, I just got into a sweet deal of a gun. It was a Remington 700 7mm Mag Sendero rifle in MINT condition. Lots of ammo came with it and a hrad case. Only thing bad about it was the optics being a Bushnell Banner.

So im wanting to get a smokin good scope for this gun to match the potential of the rifle.

My good buddy pointed me into the direction of the SWFA fixed 10 scope with the mil-dot reticle. Which is just about everything in a scope except for varible power.

So I was looking around, and if im going to go the distance with this rifle I figure I mgiht as well go ahead and get a Leupold. So I found a Leupold on midway that I want to try out.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewP...productNumber=427910

I want to use this gun mostly for killing paper or shooting clays out to 500 yrds. But I also wouldnt mind taking it out in the field every now and then and vaporize a ground hog or 2 at 300 yrds or more.

Also I get these scopes for %50 off so im not worried about that $850 price tag.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I was looking around, and if im going to go the distance with this rifle I figure I mgiht as well go ahead and get a Leupold. . . . .

. . . .

Also I get these scopes for %50 off so im not worried about that $850 price tag.

I think you just answered your own question. I'm not a Leupold fan, and you will find many of us on this sight think Nikon and others make much better glass at that price point, but at that price you can't say no.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LWD:

I think you just answered your own question. I'm not a Leupold fan, and you will find many of us on this sight think Nikon and others make much better glass at that price point, but at that price you can't say no.

LWD

I get the same deal on Nikon too I think...

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a Nightforce. You won't regret it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, if you get 50% of Nikon, then I'd look at those too. I and many others on this forum think very highly of Nikon. What else do you get 50% off?

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
Not quite sure, The list is pretty big. But the one that stood out to me was Leupold, Tompson Center, Scent Lok and a few other small stuff.

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
If You are looking for real good optic, you not need to look at a 850 € price tag - real optic has a price tag besides the 2000 € line... (EURO - not $ !!)

but it depends what You want to do with for up to 500 yards I would not take just 10 power...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say it depends on what you want to use The Rifle for.Getting a straight 10 power for deer or big game limits you.For punching paper ,or Prairie Rats ,it is just fine.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote