Anyone using this scope?
Comments?
Thanks!
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well i'm going to buy several just as soon as i win the lottery

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine a S&B not being a top quality scope. I have used S&B 4x16's and love them, just haven't used this one.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
Have several but in the TDS reticle. 2 went to Africa on the M03 with the 6.5x65RWS Bbl and the 340Wby Bbl. Great scope brighter than anything else except maybe a Z6, but no TDS available there. Did great service in Africa and wil likely do so again. New one's going in Mounts for 300 Win Mag and 22-250 Match Bbls.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a Schmidt Bender Varmint 4-16x50mm scope once and it was aboslutley magnificent. I shot a monkey in a tree at 190 yards ranged. Glass was clear and the 16x magnification made the shot easy. Just know that the reticle is seated in the first focal plane, and so the crosshair will change in size according to magnification.Its good for hunting game hunting as a hunter scope, but not for very fine shooting when very small targets may be blotted out by the subtention of the thickening crosshairs at 16 x magnification.

Pieter

Posts: 1045 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 14 November 2013Reply With Quote