Find
Notify
Tools

Bausch & Lomb service and repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
A buddy's 4-12x40 Bausch & Lomb scope may be in need of repair, where would we send it off to?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Below is a link for instructions to send the scope back.

http://www.bushnell.com/customer_service/us_repair.cfm

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Jon
Thanks for your help and the link. How is their customer service?
Thanks again

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
how is it?
well, if the product is current, and they still make it, they are pretty good...

if not, for ANY REASON, they suck pretty rotten eggs

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38607 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff summed it up well. That is why I no longer buy Bushnell products, even though they make some very good optics (4200).

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have not had any issues, but as stated we have never need to use it on any older products.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good freaking luck. Sent a Balvar and a Balfor, both with lifetime warranties-Bushnell would not honor it.

Posts: 156 | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With an older B&L scope, I think I would look at one of the independent scope repair facilities, like Parsons or ABO. I seriously doubt that Bushnell will be able to help you with an older scope.
Here are some places to check out:

ABO (USA), Inc.
2653 NW 20th Street
Miami, FL 33142
305-859-2010 Customer Service
305-860-4858 Warranty Service Information Line
305-372-8616 FAX
http://www.abousainc.com/sub1.htm

Mike Sextion scope repair 3324 south 76th west Ave. TULSA OK

Iron Sight Inc
4814 South Elwood Ave
Tulsa, OK 74107
918-445-2001 or 918-521-7736

Parsons at psscopes@concentric.net.
Parson's Scope Service
2213 Smith Road, Ross OH 45061 513-867-0820

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the input and alternate scope repair options.
I can't say you haven't warned me but i will go ahead and send it to them. I talked to the Bushnell people in Lenexa Kansas and told them about the scope and they said to definitely send it in for repairs so they can take a look. I believe this scope is about 7-8 years old maybe 10. Too nice of a scope to trash it and start over so we will give it a shot. If they can't help I'll use one of the other repair options that DMB listed.
Thanks again and I'll let you all know how it works out, if I get bit I know its my own fault.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
about 3 years ago i had a 3x9x40 b/l scope that took a dump. i bought it as a demo in 1995 for $150.00. i sent it in and they would not warranty it. they said it was bent. i don't know if it was but they gave me $150.00 worth of credit for it. i sent them another $145.00 and got a 4200 in 2.5x10x40. i was a little pissed at the time but they worked with me on it. i would buy another 4200.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I inherited a B & L "Litesight" scope on a rifle when a relative passed on. The rifle had been used (and abused) on an Elk hunt. AS we bought a pair together in 1981, I knew at the time it was top of the line ($265.00) Anyway, the gun was dropped from horseback and landed on the scope. The zoom ring on the variable was locked and the led would not light up. I sent it back for service. The customer service called with "we do not have parts-- but for $150.00 we will send you a new banner scope." I told them to send me my scope back--- when I got it, everything was repaired and worked. To this day I wonder if they went he extra yard or if someone wanted my scope and thought to get it with a scope that sells here for $100.00. It is on a 375 H+H now-- for 8 years and works great.

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We must be lucky with their local agent here in Australia. I managed to snap the plastic screw in cap on top of the BDC mechanism on my Scopechief VI recently, leaving the broken-off threaded shank stuck in the elevation dial and rendering the scope unusable. The scope is about 20 years old and of course I have no proof of purchase or anything like that.

Anyway, I dropped it in to the Bushnell people and told them what happened, and about a week or so later a parcel arrived, with my scope neatly wrapped, the broken screw extracted and a new cap inserted. They didn't even charge postage.

Posts: 92 | Location: follow the yellow brick road | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting over a year for a replacment Spotting scope cover said it was on Back Order.
Now they tell me they no loger make scope even though its still on shelves and there catalog.
Very dissapointed in there attitude and service.

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
With Bushnell I had VERY poor service. Got in touch with a rep named Leslie--never knew if male or female,but with Leslies help got some satisfaction. Made spending the extra to get Leupold an easy decision. Spent several $$ sending stuff in and getting it back not working. Then when you go to EBAY and see how much used Leupolds bring---it's a no brainer. B&L optics made in Rochester New York were the standard other companies tried to reach. Not so after they went overseas.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman:
With Bushnell I had VERY poor service. Got in touch with a rep named Leslie--never knew if male or female,but with Leslies help got some satisfaction. Made spending the extra to get Leupold an easy decision. Spent several $$ sending stuff in and getting it back not working. Then when you go to EBAY and see how much used Leupolds bring---it's a no brainer. B&L optics made in Rochester New York were the standard other companies tried to reach. Not so after they went overseas.

This is exactly why I buy Leupold.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well they are definitely not Leupold when it comes to support...

on the flip side, they are also not Weaver after Meade bought them.....

ON a 10 scale, I'd rate B & L a five or better...

They replaced a damaged Tasco made scope with one of their Tasco Made scopes.. even though it was a rebuilt one, and not the one I sent in, they replaced it.. and since it was going on a 223, I wasn't that concerned...

They stroked me around on another scope that was in need of replacement.. It took some gripping to some supervisors, but finally they sent me a 5 x 15 Model 3200 with the Firefly reticle.. I don't recommend the reticle, but do that scope.. just with another reticle besides that one.. posts are way too thick.. it was going to go back on a varmint rifle, but the posts are too thick and take up too much of your sight picture to be useful for varminting...

Never mounted it.. so If someone wants to purchase one, I have one ready to go...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple of experiences with them. One was simple they sent a new one for an older one they no longer made. Cheap Sportview, so getting the same size Sportsman didn't bother me.

The other was a Banner which was practically new, and the power ring froze on it. They said bent tube and not covered. Offered a pretty fair deal on a new replacement. I called, and spoke to them on the phone. Explained how it was new, that I didn't bend the tube if it was bent, and thought they weren't honoring their warranty. I spoke to a lady, I think it was Leslie also. I told her send it back without doing anything I would saw it in half for educational purposes. I also told her I owned an Elite 3200, two 4200's and had recommended them to several people. But in light of how they treated customers on warranty I would never recommend them again, and would make sure everyone knew what to expect of them. I hung up expecting to get the damaged scope back. Instead she sent me a note saying a new one would be on its way. It took 4 more weeks, but a new Banner arrived finally.

I don't like companies that jerk you around hoping you go away. I think it bad for them cause you likely will go away and never buy from them again. On the other hand, they did replace it. I would have gotten rid of all my Bushnells if they hadn't. I kept them.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Sexton will not work on Balvar scopes according to his website.

Parsons will but the lead time is one year.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well - that only took 8 years shocker

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Parson's Scope Service I have dealt with is:

PARSONS SCOPE SERVICE
1563 Compton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45231

Phone: 513-867-0820

Thanks!
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote