Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barska
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any experience with Barska scopes ?

Posts: 7 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cheap and Chinese . You'll get what you pay for .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
I just mounted and used one this weekend. A Barska "tactical" (yeah I know the "tactical" is a joke at this price).

Its the 6-24x44 with the BIG knobs, 1/8" click, side focus, etched glass MIL dot reicule, and 30mm tube. I put it on my Ruger MKII VLE in .22-250.
Ive had a lot of cheap scopes over the years, (having kids and hobbies will do that too you). I had much less eye strain using this scope than from others that I use regularly like BSA, Simmons, Tasco, & Bushnell
all those scopes where in the 100 dollar range wholesale cost.
So far I like it. The clicks are dead nuts and repeat. I twiddled the knobs all over the place and had no problem coming back to original zero. The optics are clear enough to see .22 cal bullet holes at 9X at 200 yards in a black and white target.

I called thier customer service and asked what power the MIL scale is calibrated at (didn't say in the instructions) and set the power ring to the 8X I was told on the phone. The MIL scale didn't line up perfect on my mylar barber pole, but that's no biggie. I just tweaked the power ring till the dots and bars lined up then scribed a line at about 9X.

The side focus is really easy to use and very convient.

I bought it after I made a spread sheet and laid out everything I "needed" in my next varmint scope.

1/8" click
re-settable knobs for zero tracking
30mm tube
side focus
Army MIL dot
glass reticule
exposed target knobs
sunshade
fast focus eyebell
variable power w/ 20-28x max and 5-8x min

It fit my criteria to a T and didn't break the bank. I guess I'll just have to see how much I still like at the end of the year.
The only thing I don't like is the scope caps, they work fine but the rubber they use STINKS, as in smells really bad. But that's what Buttler creek is for.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks rusty.I appreciate the input.

Posts: 7 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 November 2005Reply With Quote