Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon 1-4x24
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone,

What's peoples real world experience with the eye relief on this scope for 416 / 458 class rifles?

And what colour illumination, amber or green?

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I just purchased one of these about a month ago and love it. I have the one with the green tip post reticle. It is as fast as a red dot sight on 1x (and the green triangle seems to catch the eye better than a red dot) and the tip of the triangle makes a pretty good fine aiming point on 4x power. The brightness adjustment is automatic and the illumination intensity is just the right regardless of if it is in pitch dark or bright overhead sunlight.

While the scope seems like it is built like a tank, I would not use it on a .416/458 due to the eye relief. The eye relief is great for general use, but not so much for a real heavy kicker. The Leupold 1.5-5x has noticeably more and I find it's eye relief just okay for .416 recoil.

Wes

Posts: 213 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-9 on my 375 ruger african. it has the same eye relief as the 1-4 when on 9x zoom. It is enough eye relief for the 375. I lightly scoped my self one time when firing at a very aquard angle and position, but that's it. It might have enough eye relief for a 416 or 458 if you pay attention to your grip and position.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote