Find
Notify
Tools

Swaro moulded eye cups?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted
I recently acquired a set of 8X30 SLC's, does anybody know if a guy can get the moulded eye cups for them?
I have them on my 10X42 SLC's and really like them, so much that I dont really like the 8X30's without them.

Thanx

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot Buster

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Drop me an email - I could get them for You if You like...

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Be careful in the field.

I went back to the standard eye cups after I lost one of the winged ones on safari.

The wing was apparently catching or snagging on my shirt or belt, and eventually it unscrewed completely and fell off in the bush.

That put the binocular, a 10x32mm EL, out of action for the duration.

Very aggravating.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
Be careful in the field.

I went back to the standard eye cups after I lost one of the winged ones on safari.

The wing was apparently catching or snagging on my shirt or belt, and eventually it unscrewed completely and fell off in the bush.

That put the binocular, a 10x32mm EL, out of action for the duration.

Very aggravating.

Would/could it not have happened with the standard ones? IIRC they go on the same way.
But ya that would be a painful lesson.

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Both kinds of eye cups screw on, but there's no asymmetrical wing on the round ones to catch, turn and eventually unscrew.

I suppose it could be that a round one would unscrew, but I haven't had that problem with mine (so far, anyway).

There really should be some kind of locking mechanism to keep them in place.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote