Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Black Diamond
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted
I just bought a new Black diamond and when I position my eye closer than the optimal eye relief I can see all the inner workings of the scope. All the springs, screws....etc. Is this normal? When my head is at normal eye relief I can't see any of this, except at 24x max power I can see a piece of the inside at optimal eye relief. Does anyone else have this scope and can you do the same? I have a 40 dollar bushnell that no matter what I do all i see is black.

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
Sounds like what happened to me with a Fullfield II that came back from warranty work. I could see all the slotted screws on the inside. I called them and got the Oh s***t response and said there was some sort of cover missing. I would call them and return it that is not normal ..

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SempreElk:
Sounds like what happened to me with a Fullfield II that came back from warranty work. I could see all the slotted screws on the inside. I called them and got the Oh s***t response and said there was some sort of cover missing. I would call them and return it that is not normal ..

The funny thing is I emailed Burris and described the problem and they said it was normal. I'm sending it back to where I bought it, and getting a Zeiss instead. By the way when you put your eye up to the scope now can you see anything other than Black??? I've never heard of being able to see the screws, springs....etc. on the inside of the scope as "normal".

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had an 8x32 model for about a year and a half, and i've always been curious about this as well. I can also see the inner workings of the scope, but I must say it has been flawless to date so I cant complain. The only dislike I have is that you can't use butler creek flip ups because of how the ocular end rotates. From what I have seen these scopes are not the best but must be close to the best for the money, imho, cdog.

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Here's the reply I got today about this subject.

Depending on when the scope was made it may be possible to see parts of the
reticle mount. The early Black Diamond scopes with front parallax adjustment
did not have a reticle mask like the newer side PA models. When the scope is
being used nothing is seen and shouldn't be of concern to this customer.

-----Original Message-----

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
Well, at 24x unless my eye was positioned PERFECTLY, I could still see part of the inside. I just found it distracting, maybe others don't.

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
It was a problem with mine they sent a UPS recall to get the scope. I wouldn't buy a scope that had that "FEATURE"

Working on my ISIS strategy....FORE

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Burris Black Diamond sucks The reticle is fuzzy,the image is Blurry. I just sent it into service department. I have heard nothing but complaints about burris. Never again will I buy.

How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but looses his soul

Posts: 183 | Location: SF Bay area | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With Quote