Notify
Tools

The New Conquest press release..
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted
The New Conquest press release..

I didn't see it posted here yet so I figured I would put it up for those that are interested. From what I hear they should be become available around Late July.

quote:
Zeiss Introduces Three New CONQUEST Riflescopes
for Shotguns, Muzzleloaders, Rimfire and Ultra-light Rifles

Chester, 03/21/2006. CHESTER, Va.,– Carl Zeiss Sports Optics has extended its popular Conquest line to include three new high-performance riflescopes designed for shotguns, muzzleloaders, rimfire and ultra-light centerfire and heavy magnum rifles. The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38, Conquest 2.5-8x32 and Conquest 4x32 all have a generous four-inch eye relief that allows faster target acquisition, a one-inch center tube and 1/4 MOA click adjustments for quick, precision tuning. These rugged scopes are waterproof, nitrogen filled to prevent internal fogging and are available in a variety of non-magnifying reticles to ensure that the image remains constant throughout the entire power range, thus hiding as little of the target as possible.

The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38 is the perfect scope for hunters who prefer shotguns and muzzleloaders. This scope achieves amazing results in low-light situations while maintaining a remarkably low profile. Like all Conquest riflescopes, the lenses in this new model are fully multicoated to produce maximum light transmission, color fidelity and brilliance, providing the contrast needed to see game, even in thick cover. This allows for accurate shot placement in the most challenging conditions.

Shotgun hunters will also be impressed with the fast target acquisition capability of this scope that makes for ideal handling on a deer drive and yet is still brilliant enough to use from a tree stand at dawn and dusk. And for shooting enthusiasts who enjoys a variety of firearms, this is also a fine scope for rimfire rifles and some centerfire rifles as well. The Conquest 1.8-5.5x38 is available in five reticles -- #2 (previously only available in the Victory Diavari riflescope line and excellent for Cape Buffalo or other fast-action dangerous game hunts), # 4, #20, #21 and #57. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $647.00

The Conquest 2.5-8x32 is the ideal choice for serious rimfire shooters who favor the popular .17 HMR and .17 MACH2 in addition to the traditional .22 rimfire calibers. It is also a great scope for recreational shooters who like plinking at targets and also for hunters of varmints and other small game. The lightweight design is also especially appealing to the mobile varmint and predator hunters who often walk for miles.

Among the other features that set this scope apart is its compatibility with lightweight rifles in centerfire and heavy magnum calibers. The lightweight and low profile design of the Conquest 2.5-8x32 has astonishing ability to withstand heavy recoil making it an ideal choice for those who want to mount it on the popular new short magnum calibers or the venerable 7MM REM Mag, .300 WIN Mag, .338 Win Mag or .375H&H. This is a perfect combination on long safaris or for the sheep hunter in rough terrain.

The Conquest 2.5-8x32 is available in reticles # 4, 20, 21 and 57. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $567.00

The Conquest 4x32 is Zeiss’ first fixed power riflescope in the Conquest line. This is an ideal all-
purpose scope for hunters and shooters who favor the reliability and performance of a quality fixed power scope. The optical excellence of this model is what the discerning shooter would expect from a legendary name like Zeiss – crisp, clear images and accurate performance, even in low light.

The Conquest 4x32 is available in reticles # 2, 4, 20 and 21. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $647.00

About Zeiss:

Carl Zeiss is a leading international group of companies operating worldwide in the optical and
opto-electronic industry. Carl Zeiss AG is headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany. The business groups, which each operate with sole responsibility, are generally ranked first or second in the strategic markets of biosciences and medical technology, system solutions for industry and optical consumer goods. They offer products and services for biomedical research and medical technology, system solutions for the semiconductor, automotive and mechanical engineering industries, as well as high-quality consumer goods such as camera lenses and binoculars. In fiscal year 2004/05 (ended 30 September) the Carl Zeiss Group generated sales totaling EUR 2.2 billion. Carl Zeiss has 11,500 members of staff, including 3,300 outside Germany. The Carl Zeiss Group is directly represented in more than 30 countries and operates production facilities in Europe, America and Asia.

The eyeglass business now operates as Carl Zeiss Vision International GmbH and is the number two eyeglass provider in the world. This company is owned 50:50 by Carl Zeiss AG and a private equity company.

Further information is available at www.zeiss.com/sports or call 1-800-441-3005.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A fixed 4 power in the Conquest line at MSRP of $647 is on the rude side!

Would have tried one at about 249.....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
A fixed 4 power in the Conquest line at MSRP of $647 is on the rude side!

Would have tried one at about 249.....

That must be a misprint on the price. Would expect it to be half or less for a fixed power.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys have to realize that is "MSRP", no body sells them for that. We will be selling the new conquest for much cheaper than $647.00.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
I do believe that there is some "misinformation" in the pricing of the fixed power scope.

I am already seeing dealers indicate pricing for these scopes. The only model that is priced at a huge discount to the MSRP's listed in the above mentioned press release is the 4x32. That implies to me that in fact the MSRP price for that model may in fact be incorrect.

While the MSRP is not a real price for low demand optics, when discussing recently released high demand models it can relatively close.

At least one online dealer is indicating the expectation of an arrival of these scopes in April...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jon, another way of saying it would be; a retail price of $447.00 ???? is on the rude side, would have tried one at about 249....is that closer?

All BS aside, what will the retail $ range on these?

Regards--Don

One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
While this is only one example this should give a very general idea of initial pricing..

1.8-5.5x38 MC Conquest Matte Black Zplex
$ 450 N/A
New item for 2006. Expect to begin seeing these in April.

2.5-8x32 MC Conquest Matte Black Zplex
$ 470 N/A
New item for 2006. Expect to begin seeing these in April.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fish,

We are actually not suppose to be posting our price since they are below Zeiss' MAP pricing, so I sent them to you by PM.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jon, thanks, PM received,

Regards--Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will buy a 2.5-8 Conquest this summer and expect to pay about $450 for it.

I am sure it will fit on some rifle or other that I have. I need to find out what the ring mounting dimensions are and of course if it has the optics I want before getting a second one. I have a lot of old scopes to replace and even most of the Leu's I have are not very good as optics.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
Savage99,

While I heard the reports that the new scopes were becoming available, I did not realize they would be in stores so soon. I had been looking for a medium weight scope (less than 14 oz), and was struggling to make my decision. While I definitely prefer my Conquests over the Leupolds I chose against the available Conquests because of their weight.

I eventually went with a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40. Not only did it fit my weight and magnification requirements, the price was very reasonable. (340$NIB)

Had I known the New Conquest 2.5-8x32 was going to be available so soon I would probably have waited for its release.

I actually mounted the Leupold last night so most likely I will stick with it, barring any unforseen issues...

Here it is...
Tar-Hunt RSG-Mountaineer, Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Your not hurting with the new Leu. The thing for me is that I have more than one rifle and some of those have very old scopes on them. Almost any new scope would be an improvement but I have too many Leu's and want some more smaller Conquests. Hope that I am not disapointed.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Savage,

This gun is actually a 20ga rifled shotgun. I do my most of whitetail hunting with shotguns as I grew up in a shotgun only area.

I have had Leupold VX-II 1-4x20 and 2-7x33 scopes on my other shotguns but have always seemed to find that I wanted a touch more magnification.

I had considered the VX-II 3-9x40 but decided I wanted a VX-III or Vari-X III. That is how I ended out with this model.

I would have actually prefered an honest variable that was around 8x or above on the high end. (As opposed to a leupold that is actually not the magnification that its name its implies.For example the VX-III 2.5-8 is really a 2.6-7.8)

Unfortunately Leupold doesn't make the Vari-X, or VX-III's in that range, and as previously mentioned I wanted something lighter than the Conquest 3-9x40. So I decided the 3.5-10x40 was certainly close enough.

This new addition to the Conquest line,(Conquest 2.5-8x32) is actually exactly what I had been looking for. However I am certainly please with the Leupold, and the fact that I purchased it for 100$ less than the new Conquest would cost is just a bonus.