New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Namibian Frustration!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As many of you know I hunted in Namibia last October. I took a nice elephant as well as some other unique animals. According to an email I got today the state vet has "misplaced" my documents. Until they find the documents nothing is shipping. First it was the aggravating press release from NAPHA now this. What now?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Mike,
I was not aware that you took a nice elephant. Firstly, my congratulatons. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear of the vet's screw up. Hopefully, your shipping agent who engaged in the vet's services for clearance kept sufficient copies to get the process going again.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 619 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Geoff. He wasnt a monster by some standards but a very nice ele in my book. I was very pleased and think at this time you dont do much better most of the time. About 55 lbs per side and very thick. He was perfect with no breaks in the tusks and very evenly matched. Kobus Honnibal did a great job for me. I am just frustrated with the whole NAPHA thing right now and this is the final insult. Sooner I get this sorted out the better. I am worried about the rest of the trophies as well. By the time they ship who knows what kind of shape they will be in. Maria from Hunter International is on top of it but things will only happen when the Namibian side sorts it out.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
Mike, I sincerely hope your current troubles aren't related to your posts on the NAPHA fiasco. You didn't show the propper "Jawol" attitude.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At this point I dont have any reason to believe it is but the thought sure did cross my mind. Although maybe not a result of my outspoken criticism of NAPHA it may be related. Who knows how far reaching and related all the recent events are. I dont believe in coincidence.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe NAPHA! I do believe action should be taken against NAPHA in the form of legal prosecution of NAPHA officials and a true vote of NAPHA members to remove NAPHA perpetrators or else an international financial sanction be implemented against NAPHA.

NAPHA institued a Schorched Earth Terror Policy against all non-NAPHA PH's. NAPHA's zeal in the wanton commercial slaughter of non-NAPHA PH's included the tactic of destroying the non-NAPHA member "food source"....the foreign sportsman. Mainly Americans. NAPHA pursued its regin of terror against innocent sport hunters without any regard to the complete and utter destruction of lives. NAPHA perpetrators do not want their names publicly listed becuase they fear that the financial destruction they cold-heartedly calculated for non-NAPHA PH's and American clients will now be visited upon them as it will be. NAPHA perpetrators can run, but they can not hide!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just goes to show, peckerheads exist worldwide.

Do any of these clowns realize this sort of garbage costs them lots of $$$?

Rich
Zimbabwe, hassle free

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote