Find
Notify
Tools

New Under Wild Skies?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
So with the closing of hunting in Bots, is UWS changing its model? I just watched the latest episode. Tony shot a Kudu Bull on the first morning approximately 10 steps from the cruiser, with the diesel engine obscuring all sound. Then the rest of the show was basically an advertisement for photo safaris! Confused

Very exciting to see all the uninformed urbanites loaded into the multi benched cruiser, all snapping pictures of a leopard standing in broad daylight 10 yards away. Very exciting and indicative of the way the animals behave in the wild. NOT! Even better is when the guide held a monitor lizard by the tail while the camera hunters snapped away! The best comment of the show was when the lady photographer stated "we were actually allowed to get out of the truck". Great show boys!

Oh well, at least Tony didn't try to shoot the wrong ammo today!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes me wish I had enough money to start my own show. I don't know enough people to be sponsors to help out. Maybe you will volunteer??? rotflmo jumping

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the show continues down this path, I won't be watching anymore. It was one of the better shows on African hunting. Looks like the tree huggers have more money! Confused

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Makes me wish I had enough money to start my own show. I don't know enough people to be sponsors to help out. Maybe you will volunteer??? rotflmo jumping

I'm afraid it wouldn't be much of a show with me as a sponsor! hilbily

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
This is an old show that has been on before. If you watch UWS with any regularity, Tony hunts Moz with Johan Calitz on the show quite a bit, so no end to UWS.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
If the last season is any indication alot of the show will be filmed in Calitz new place next to the Niassa in MOZ.
The show in question is the only one ive seen with picture taking on it.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the "photo" hunter and his wife have hunted Africa many many times and taken most game. I think this was just something a bit different. All other hunts Tony has done in Moz were basically just like the Bots hunts.

Man it appears that most on here don't consider anything in Africa interesting unless it can kill them if they F*ck up.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
I believe the "photo" hunter and his wife have hunted Africa many many times and taken most game. I think this was just something a bit different. All other hunts Tony has done in Moz were basically just like the Bots hunts.

Man it appears that most on here don't consider anything in Africa interesting unless it can kill them if they F*ck up.

DOJ:

I am with you on this one. I like a well done plains game show. I don't want see a guy sitting over a water hole but a well done PG hunt is a good show.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted Hide Post
FYI, that Photo hunter is Ken Elliott ex Executive publisher Hunting and Guns and Ammo magazines.

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CBNHNTR:
FYI, that Photo hunter is Ken Elliott ex Executive publisher Hunting and Guns and Ammo magazines.

Now there is a guy who has never killed anything in his life, huh?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Still, if I want to watch a show about photo safaris, I'll tune into Nat Geo Wild. I like to see hunting when I tune into a hunting show.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Todd if this show got your knickers twisted. It was a good show.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to see a photo safari on every show but a lot of us spend some time doing photo safaris in game parks as a side trip to our hunts. So seeing it once in a great while is OK with me.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote