New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant and Lion ban
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those pros out there that didn't get included in my what's app message there is no zero nadda chance of any repeal until 2021. Bad news but all should be aware of the truth. Good news leopards will be safe until 2021

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought lions from Zim and Zam are a go?

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is this information from?

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Trophy Lion Importation

The chart indicates that lion imports from Zambia and Zimbabwe are allowed.

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
There is no hunting ban and I advise you all to get out there and pursue the sport you love.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.humanesociety.org/n...utm_source=tw_122217

December 22, 2017

Federal Court of Appeals order invalidates decision to allow Zimbabwe and Zambia elephant and lion trophy imports
Media Contact: Thaisi Da Silva: 202-578-6767, tdasilva@humanesociety.org

Today the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit upheld the conservation mandate of the Endangered Species Act, supporting the need to rigorously analyze applications to import hunting trophies of species threatened with extinction.

This federal court order, coming only weeks after President Trump tweeted that he was reconsidering the agency’s decision to allow imports of elephant and lion trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia, means that those recent decisions by the agency are invalid.

Anna Frostic, managing attorney for wildlife litigation for The Humane Society of the United States, said, "The federal government must carefully consider the science demonstrating that trophy hunting negatively impacts the conservation of imperiled species. We strongly urge the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to take immediate action to rescind its unlawful decisions to liberalize elephant and lion trophy imports."

The Court also held that the agency must take public comment on any blanket decisions to allow or prohibit trophy imports based on individual countries management plans.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
There is no hunting ban and I advise you all to get out there and pursue the sport you love.

Exactly!

The ban affects trophy import.

Not the hunt!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
So the USFWS web site I linked to is out-of-date?

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would simply say that this is not over yet.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
I would simply say that this is not over yet.

Jeff

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to post this and just disappear both my Zim guys and I have the bad flu! I cannot name my sources but I can say I was at the Western Sport and Conservation Show and was in a private meeting that included many Trump insiders. When I was given this information Don Jr was less than 6 feet from me. You can hunt all you want but there is NO CHANCE of imports. Sorry guys our effing goose is cooked and my advice to anyone wanting a leopard is to do it now just look at how Namibia caved in this month!!!

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be at Wisconsin SCI in Lake Geneva this weekend and will gladly give details of my sources but I CANNOT put it in print it would possibly endanger my inclusion in the future.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
So what you are stating is the mandate to prove that hunting enhances the survival of species is bull shit.

That those who reclaim dormant lands and forge communal partnerships in true conservation means bugger all? Not to mention those who currently manage vast swathes of this continent and who bear the brunt of everything that Africa has to throw at them?

The last bastions of wildlife are housed in hunting concessions and private lands. It is those outside of these boundaries who have failed.

Whats this Trump fellows phone number? Do you have an email address?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly!

Not the hunt!

And that make come back to haunt hunters.

As I believe Lane mentioned, there is such a thing titled the Lacey Act and it is possible, maybe remotely, but possible that Americans could be charged and face prosecution for hunting an endangered species.

If as some or many suspect anti hunters monitor this site along with other sites and it appears that American Hunters are going to Africa to hunt elephant/lion or whatever species will be covered, just to kill the animal(s), without any thought of bringing home a trophy, the outcome will not be good for hunters.

Sad that things have reached this point.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I believe Lane mentioned, there is such a thing titled the Lacey Act and it is possible, maybe remotely, but possible that Americans could be charged and face prosecution for hunting an endangered species.

This endangered specie bullshit really does my head in.

It is a blanket reference to the whole of Africa and does not differentiate regional populations where conservation has provided flourishing ecosystems. It is a fact that the Parks and hunting concessions that border them are stable and most can boast an increasing population of wildlife not to mention the protection of land and water. Fuck all is endangered here.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
If your sources are accurate, not saying they are not, this administration has officially betrayed US hunters. The bottom line is import bans choke off the market. Less money in and less resources for wildlife.

Now, we here there is a movement to use the Lacy Act to prosecute hunters who hunt animals that are not allowed imported. The market is frozen even more by this threat.

Also there is a propaganda angle. If US allows the import we can say the US government says this hunting saves animals. Regardless, of the numbers middle ground non hunters see the import bans as US saying these animals cannot be sustainably hunted. Therefore, hunting those animals should stop all together.

Oh President Trump Toyata makes cars in US. In Kentucky, that overwhelmeing voted for you. Differ discussion. I am just mad.

Screw the Lacey Act and it would easily be short circuited. We will adapt.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry sir. I am not that bold. The threat is just that now, but the play is to scare hunters from participating.

The US government by the bans has said our science says elephant and lion from those areas cannot be sustainably hunted. Regardless, of the true numbers this is a very big hurdle to assault when trying to convince non hunters this hunting benefits wildlife.

Stated simply, even President Trump's administration says elephant and lion hunting at least from import ban countries does not benefit wildlife. Therefore, that hunting should stop.

This logical problem, to me, is the worse outcome of this Administrations stance.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am sorry sir. I am not that bold. The threat is just that now, but the play is to scare hunters from participating.

The US government by the bans has said our science says elephant and lion from those areas cannot be sustainably hunted. Regardless, of the true numbers this is a very big hurdle to assault when trying to convince non hunters this hunting benefits wildlife.

Stated simply, even President Trump's administration says elephant and lion hunting at least from import ban countries does not benefit wildlife. Therefore, that hunting should stop.

This logical problem, to me, is the worse outcome of this Administrations stance.

Sometime ago I used to hunt with a noted businessman whose company had no idea that he travelled to Africa to hunt.

We took no pictures and we do not exchange Christmas cards.

Everything was done on a handshake and when our sport was concluded we parted our ways.

What goes on tour stays on tour mate and that is what defines the quality of a man not some bottom feeding politician.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but I do not believe the Lacey Act can be used against anyone unless they have broken the laws in the country where they were hunting and/or the US. A lawful hunt in an African country does not result in a Lacey Act violation simply because the animal cannot be imported.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I may be wrong but I do not believe the Lacey Act can be used against anyone unless they have broken the laws in the country where they were hunting and/or the US. A lawful hunt in an African country does not result in a Lacey Act violation simply because the animal cannot be imported.

You are correct, but the thought is being kicked around. I see it as a fear, chilling tactic. Never underestimate the power of bad folks in a federal government.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The Dubai Safari Club has a nice ring to it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is one thing we should propagate:

The ban on importation of lions and elephants is racism at its best: these countries are not breaking the law, but rather following the rules spelled out by CITES. What the US Govt is essentially saying is that they know better how to manage the wildlife in Africa better than Africans. How can that be anything but racist?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry guys our effing goose is cooked and my advice to anyone wanting a leopard is to do it now just look at how Namibia caved in this month!!!

What did Namibia do? No hunt planned there but haven't heard anything...

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:

The ban on importation of lions and elephants is racism at its best: these countries are not breaking the law, but rather following the rules spelled out by CITES. What the US Govt is essentially saying is that they know better how to manage the wildlife in Africa better than Africans. How can that be anything but racist?

You and I need to share some scotch.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is on my bucket list

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Own Use elephant, buffalo and hippo hunts in Namibia are looking better and better! We have some for 2019 and 2020 - just sayin! Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sources are 100% just cant say who right now. I can say with absolute certainty that when SCI broke the news to the press that NIETHER Trump had been briefed on the situation. Don Jr is our ally SCI made a serious mistake with this.

Apparently the whole Namibian leopard issue has also not been made public for some reason and I see Namibians posting here so I dont know why so here is what I know. MET reduced the number of permits to 100 down from 250 for the entire country. I was told that this was due to "external pressure" as leopard populations have NEVER been higher (a positive result of the banning of dog hunting) my source would not say which group was behind the reduction but when I asked about one high profile group she was silent and she works in avery nice Chinese built facility in Windhoek.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellow hunters I am Sean Scott owner of TheSafariConnection.com my phone number is 8166973281 and I will answer what questions I can to ANY interested person anytime.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in no way political my access to this information is completely by accident through a college friend that is the founder of a politically active sportspersons group.

SAFARISEAN

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your sources are accurate, not saying they are not, this administration has officially betrayed US hunters. The bottom line is import bans choke off the market. Less money in and less resources for wildlife.

Now, we here there is a movement to use the Lacy Act to prosecute hunters who hunt animals that are not allowed imported. The market is frozen even more by this threat.

This has been the case since back in 2010 when they started on the lion. It is not a new movement.

Also there is a propaganda angle. If US allows the import we can say the US government says this hunting saves animals. Regardless, of the numbers middle ground non hunters see the import bans as US saying these animals cannot be sustainably hunted. Therefore, hunting those animals should stop all together.

Oh President Trump Toyata makes cars in US. In Kentucky, that overwhelmeing voted for you. Differ discussion. I am just mad.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry,
A lot of people think this. But read the Lacey Act. If the animals are listed as endangered under The Endangered Species Act of the USA...it can possibly be used to prosecute them just for hunting them. It has never been used in this manner...thus no case law for it. But the letter of the law allows for it.

Being included on some "info" during the run up to the lion up-list...I have seen memos speaking and advocating for such by prosecutors.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

PS: The Endangered Species Act allows for making it against USA law.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Own Use elephant, buffalo and hippo hunts in Namibia are looking better and better! We have some for 2019 and 2020 - just sayin! Cool[/QUOTE

really Aaron capitalizing off of this? Just sayin...?

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lane is more well versed on this than ANY of the rest of us!

The Unitedv States government can dictate such things and as a MINORITY, hunters cannot do anything to change that.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It is on my bucket list

Straight up or with a cube of ice?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

I was wondering how they'd use the Lacey Act angle work in a foreign country if you weren't importing something that had been taken legally.

For those unfamiliar with it, extremely simplified version is if you violate a game law outside of your home state (or country), you violate the Lacey act once you import it to your home state or to the USA if international.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Exactly!

Not the hunt!

tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what you are stating is the mandate to prove that hunting enhances the survival of species is bull shit.

That those who reclaim dormant lands and forge communal partnerships in true conservation means bugger all? Not to mention those who currently manage vast swathes of this continent and who bear the brunt of everything that Africa has to throw at them?

The last bastions of wildlife are housed in hunting concessions and private lands. It is those outside of these boundaries who have failed.

can I use this post Andrew?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
quote:

can I use this post Andrew?

Sure you can

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

I was wondering how they'd use the Lacey Act angle work in a foreign country if you weren't importing something that had been taken legally.

For those unfamiliar with it, extremely simplified version is if you violate a game law outside of your home state (or country), you violate the Lacey act once you import it to your home state or to the USA if international.

Caleb,
Your paraphrase of the law does basically convey the way the law has traditionally been used. However if you read the law, the act of import is not necessarily needed for the law to be applied. One must however violate some law governing the hunt. The Endangered Species Act provides the illegality...once species reach a certain status of listing under the act.

Hence, the reason why orgs like HSUS, Born Free etc etc spend so much time, effort, and money whittling away getting these species status changed under the ESA.

J. Lane Easter, DVM