New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 RUM Load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just back from the SCI show in Reno. Bought a Winchester Classic Custom Safari chambered in .375 RUM. Anybody fooled around with this round. All input appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just use Saeed's .375/404 data. The two cases are within a grain of each other.

The factory ammo with 300 grain Swifts really delivers, just over 2800 fps in my 26" Remington factory barrel, and just under 2800 fps in a tighter throated 23" barrel on a CZ 550 Magnum that has a Winchester Super Express barrel shortened one inch at the shank.

That factory load contains 93 grains of something that looks like IMR-7828. It is very accurate.

I have fired 200 rounds of the factory ammo, only killed one buck with it so far, but have killed a lot of paper out to 300 yards.

I will try to recreate the factory load whenever I run out of factory ammo, which I have stockpiled, on sale.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Wiseman custom .375 Ultra Mag. I had Superior work up some loads that I have used in Africa several times taking lion, buffalo, and eland. Try 98.0 grs of Rl 25 with Swift 300 gr A-Frames.I used R-P brass and Federal 215 magnum primers.Superior used 97.0 grs of IMR 4831, 300 gr Barnes XFB, Winchester large rifle magnum primer,and R-P brass. The same load worked well with Barnes solids.I shot Hornady solids with my Rl 25 load that shot right with the x-bullets. Both the Superior load and my load shot at about 2850 fps. I would start well under these powder capacities as Wiseman builds barrels with long throats. The Barnes load is just devestatating on game. Good luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,

I used my .375 RUM last June in Omay Zimbabwe on Cape Buffalo, the load I was going to use was one of 2800 fps with a 300 gr. failsafe bullet, which shot .750 groups, but when I e-mailed the P/H he recommended I slow it down to 2600 fps if I didn't lose the grouping.

Well I settled for 90 gr. of RL 22 which gave me the 2600 fps and maintained the grouping.
The Buff was shot with one shot at 50 yds. with a frontal heart shot. Just something too share....Bob

Posts: 94 | Location: S.E Pa | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote