<hiding under my desk>

savage makes a FINE lefty gun, Rusty

<snicker>
jeffe

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
Jeffe,
Now don't make me get Judy in on this thread to straighten you out! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I want to bring this back to the top to find out what, if any, resolution Rusty has had on the LH Mauser 98 actions.

What say you Rusty? my left handed brother.

low_tech

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
Low_tech,

Actually I'm right handed. I went with the Montana Rifle Company's M99 action. That action, along with a Lothar-Walthar .423 barrel and my Watt's Walnut Stock blank, are now in the hands of John Ricks.

The left handed action from MRC should be ready in mid November. That action along with with another barrel and stock blank will make the left handed rifle for my best friend David.

I went with MRC because I could not find another reasonably price left handed action. Best I could do on a real Magnum Mauser was around $3K US.

As soon as John puts em together, I'll be posting pictures of the pair of 404 Jefferies.

[ 10-23-2003, 13:54: Message edited by: Rusty ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I'm also looking for a left hand action to build my .458 Lott on and MRC was one of the serious options! Can you email me what they offered you for the Mauser Mag action?
Looking forward to your pics....

Happy hunting

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote