THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    SELOUS WHICH BLOCK FOR GOOD CAPE BUFFALO
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SELOUS WHICH BLOCK FOR GOOD CAPE BUFFALO
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to hunting reports under Maps

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just spoke to jeff martinell at luxury hunts,i booked my 7 day selous cape buffalo hunt with him he books for pierre van tonder and he told me the blocks that pierre hunts are R1 and R2 .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
capebuf

I dont believe Pierre hunts R1. R1 belongs to Don Bower and Licky. R2 + R4 Blocks belongs to Intercon and Pierre is subleasing...

r.
Seloushunter Wink

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capebuf

Check the Africa reference forum, Map post by T. Carr.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey guys this is Gary Hopkins, sorry I have not been part of this discussion but been very busy planning our 07 season.If anyone needs to know about the L1 block in the Selous or any of our other blocks,please feel free to contact me at this address.
ghopkins@mweb.co.zw
Thanks Gary

Gary Hopkins
Dingwall Safaris

Posts: 1 | Location: Bulwayo Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spring,
Luke samaras' areas in the selous are: LL3, RU1 U4 and MS1. LL3, RU1 and U4 are extremely beautiful areas. All blocks are next to each other which is always a good thing IMO. They contain excellent buffalo and elephant numbers as well as good populations of plains game. The Section of RU1 along the Rufiji is particularly stunning hunting country with the old Rufiji rive course now a vast sand river with "islands" and pools of water. lot's of elephant there and buffalo. One of my favorite places I've been.

How about trophy Elephant in Luke Samaras Selous Blocks ?!

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capebuff, PVT has 1x1 and 2x1 hunts as you well know. Even if you hunt 1x1 7 days doesn't give you the luxury of passing up many good 38" buff. And yes 38" can be a good bull if all the other things are there.(drop,curl,mass, and bosses) If you go to africa primarily because you love to hunt and love Africa, instead of spending 50 grand on one 21 day hunt do 4 or 5 seven day hunts and spend a few days just being in Africa each year before or after. I am far from expert on buff but that gives you more time in Africa and more time hunting buffalo and it doesn't get any better than that. My best buff came last Oct. hunting MK1 with Wickes Groenwald who is employed by PVT the other ph was Pierre's son Clinton. They are both young and energetic and I am neither but what a great hunt enjoy!

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Capebuf- The question you could ask that would give you a good feel is: Which operators are undershooting their quotas and for how long? Any takers? Most all of the subcontacted blocks are shooting 100%.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mbogo,

Luke's Selous areas are very good elephant blocks IMO.

Crane: The way concessionaires that sub-lease work is they wait until they have made all the possible hunting contracts with 3rd parties and then see what quota they require to honor all agreements and then go to the Game department with thier reqauirements. That is how you get one block in the Selous with 40 buff on quota and the one next to it with 16!! Wink

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote