Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who hunted in Burkina Faso
 Login/Join

posted
Has some one hunted in Burkina Faso? and has got direct contacts there?

Thanks

Dirk

Posts: 15 | Location: Namibia, Africa | Registered: 09 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
P.m. me and I'll give you details of both.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Dirk

Good to see you have an AR account now. Smiler I'm looking forward to our trip to Namibia in '07!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirk,
Nice to see you posting on the board! I hope all is well with you and Rita. I'll be in touch about 2008 soon.
Cheers
Billy Higgins
(Atticus is the dogs name)

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I met a guy at the shooting range the other day, and he runs a small booking agency here in Norway who offer hunts for Burkina Faso.
Here`s the link to his company:
Safari North
On his recent hunt there he got lion, buffalo, kob, 2 roan and some other stuff, I think..

Good luck!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hello Dirk and Rita

Great to see you and we hope you all are doing great!

Best wishes
Steve and Lisa Goad

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
AR member Ted Gorsline was one of the pioneers of professional hunting in Burkino Faso before moving on to Tanzania. If anyone knows what's going on in BF it would be Ted.

BillQ

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has hunted BF twice. He has some pics on his website and contact information. Drop him an e-mail, he reads English with no problems. They seem to take good roan in this area.

http://www.groenlandjagd.ch/Burkina_Faso_D_Detail.htm

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
You can book directly with an outfitter/PH named Toufic Hanna. E-mail is toufic@fasonet.bf and you can call him on (226) 40 770 145 or (226) 70 207 101. The link below provides a map of his location.

http://yentangou.africa-web.org/pages/ecampement.html

I have not hunted with Toufic, but fellow AR member jbderunz has. He may be able to provide you with specific information, but Toufic will tell you anything you want to know. Good place for a reasonably priced lion and of course Roan Antelope and Defassa Waterbuck.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
recently I saw a very good report about a hunt in the Pama area. The outfitter was Richard Julia.
I dont konw if jbderunz, asbolutely the most expert of the forumu about west africa, know this area?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wave Dirk I just wanted to add my welcome to AR. See you in September.

Posts: 188 | Location: Northern, Tennesse | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With Quote