Find
Notify
Tools

Booked for SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted
So I booked tickets and hotel (Ramada) for SCI last night. What AR events are going on during the show? I'll be flying in on a red eye Friday morning from Anchorage and flying out Sunday morning. Thanks.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on coming in Wednesday night and will be at the convention Thursday and Friday. Hopefully there will be an event where I can meet some of you guys.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I've abandoned the weekends in favor of the weekdays. It's so much easier to talk to people and get my business handled. I've not firmed up my plans, but I'll likely arrive on Wed. nite and leave Friday afternoon or Sat. AM.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
I've abandoned the weekends in favor of the weekdays. It's so much easier to talk to people and get my business handled. I've not firmed up my plans, but I'll likely arrive on Wed. nite and leave Friday afternoon or Sat. AM.

Same thought I had. Ought to catch up and compare notes.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Same-Same me. In on Wednesday, out on Friday.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I bet Brett didn't start this topic for all of us to tell him we would be going home by the time he arrived in Reno.

All of us week-dayers ought to talk closer to convention time and arrange to meet for an adult beverage. If we waited late enough on Friday, Brett might be able to join us.

Do y'all go to Dallas too?

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:

Do y'all go to Dallas too?

No DSC this year. I'm going to Dallas for the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving and to see the inlaws. While I could be in west Texas on business around DSC time, just don't see a return to Dallas in my future this time around.

Roger on the cocktail

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
in the past, everyone met at the giraffe bar on Friday afternoon about 3 pm. it is off in the corner of the main building. see you there( i will be in Reno from Sun till Sun helping a friend set up and work in his booth).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13177 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there for the Archery Committee meeting (on Wednesday, I believe) and provably Thursday as well.
Dave

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
This will be my first SCT convention. I plan to fly in Thursday and leave Sun morning. Are you folks staying at the Peppermill?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We will be there Sunday to Sunday. As the Convention gets closer, please post where the "meeting" will be held.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9377 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
This will be my first SCT convention. I plan to fly in Thursday and leave Sun morning. Are you folks staying at the Peppermill?
staying at the Silver Legacy- that way i only have a short crawl from the Rum Bullion bar to my room every night.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Silver Legacy beer

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
staying at the Silver Legacy- that way i only have a short crawl from the Rum Bullion bar to my room every night.

Rum Bullion is closing during SCI convention

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
BOOKED!

Arrive Wed. nite and leave Sat. morn. Three nights at Harrahs. One stop flight through Denver.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
I will be there, staying at the Silver Legacy

Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

Rum Bullion is closing during SCI convention

Seloushunter
I FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE THAT THE RUM BULLION WOULD BE CLOSED DURING THE 4 BUSIEST NIGHTS OF THE YEAR!!! I guess anything is possible

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
So what is the attraction of the Silver Legacy vs Harrahs or the Peppermill?

First timer at Reno,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4732 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at all three and others. For me it comes down to the room rate and whether a shuttle runs between the hotel and the convention center. Peppermill has the added attraction of being the location of the evening events.

Will J. Parks, III

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Atlantis the best and now they have the bridge to the convention center so you do not need a shuttle.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brett,

You had better be setting aside a few minutes to come by and shake hands with me.

As for Reno hotels I think there are really only 2 choices. The Atlantis of course is very handy as you can go back to your room anytime you choose in just a few minutes with no transportation necessary. It is expensive though. The second choice is the Silver Legacy/Circus Circus/El Dorado complex. You have the services, restaurants and entertainment of 3 hotels available without ever going outdoors as they are all conected. I stay at Cicus Circus because it is cheap and after all I'm only sleeping there. There is continuos busservice to the convention so there are no transportation issues.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Atlantis. Staying next to the Convention Center, especially with the new walkway makes it extremely convenient.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9377 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I will absolutely be stopping by Mark.

How much does a taxi run from the convention center to the Ramada?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote