New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridger Solids
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Shot the Bridger solids in my 416 Rem. for the first time yesterday. Initially they appear to be very accurate in my gun with 3 shot group of about .75". The best part is that they shoot in the same group as the 400gr. NP's. I would warn though that I got bolt lift at 79gr. of RL-15 where as several other bullets softs and solids are just getting warmed up 79gr.

Since they look like a big wadcutter I can only imagine they would theoretically do more damage than a conventional solid.

I guess the GS solids are very similiar and work very well but I think these bullets should be easier to get.

Anybody had any experience with these bullets yet?

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Easier to get if you live in the States. I'm thinking that they are having problems getting bullets out of the States to Canada. I've tried to order some more as well as other members in Canada and haven't even got an e-mail back. Has Fritz454 been away lately?
Take care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are still here. Moving at the speed of government though. We've applied for an ATF license to manufacture and are waiting for that to happen. Once I have that in hand I will be making an application to the State Department so I can export our products. From the time table I was given from ATF it should come together at the end of June but we will have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of new developments going on and hopefully by the time the paperwork is in order we will also have a line of expanding bullets to match our solids.

John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John- I didn't know you had to have a license
to manufacture bullets.Or brass and other gun
related things either, as long as it didn't involve handling actions, powder, or primers.
I would like to know.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed - It came as a shock to me as well. According to the BATFE officer I spoke to, if you manufacture any of those items for sale you will need a manufacturer's license. If you do anything over 50 cal it requires a destructive device license. Then to export the items you will need to register with the State Department. Then pay an "Occupational Tax" to the Treasury Department annually, and collection of the excise tax on firearms and related products.
I will say the people at BATFE have been very helpful answering any questions and getting me the right contact points.
Send me an email if you want any other info.
John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi John,
Thanks for the clarification. I sure hope your able to get everything straightened out and can concentrate on on manufacturing. Please post when your able to ship out of country again.
Best of luck,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark Young,

I have shot quite a few Bridger Bullets and I found them to be fantastically accurate and they feed well in most of my guns. I have not shot game with them yet.

-

-

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 Grain,

Those Bridger's do make a pretty hole in the target particularly when they are clustered as yours are.

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Can you please tell me where I can buy some Bridger solids...

Mike

Freedom is not Free

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spent the day yesterday shooting the Bridger bullets and other bullets in my 416 Rem,, 375 Holland...

416 Rem: 78 gr. RL-15 Fed 215, one round hole at 100 yds. 5 shots in .422, .333 and .590 This is the best groups I have ever shot with any bullet in this gun with GS FN and North Forks a close second...I shot Noslers, North Fork softs to the same POI in 1" to 1.4" groups...

Shot the 380 gr.GS HV into 1.2" but, 19"'s high...I will slow that bullet down and see if I can bring it in.

375 Holland and Holland: 70 grs. IMR04064, 215 Fed, Rem cases, shot the Bridger into one small hole at 50 and 1" plus a tad at 100 with the iron sights, it has no scope....I couldn't come up with a soft that would shoot into 2" at 100 most were in 3" and 4" 3 shot groups...I will get that worked out I'm sure...but it is not taking kindly to softs or maybe I am running them too fast...I loaded some of the softs with the same load as the Briders, 4064 always works well in the 375 H&H...

I have some 350 Gr. FN Brider solids for the .404 Jefferys and figure in my ultra light 7 lb. 404 a 350 gr. flat nose solid at about 2100 should lay anything low and not kick the fillings out of me. That should be a Buff load extraordinaire.

At last we are having some decent shooting weather...

While on the subject of bullets, I am getting fantastic accuracy out of the Woodleigh 450 gr. 416's and 350 gr. 375' in both RN and PP...The bullets are tough in my magazine media...

Also the new 400 gr. Noslers in 416 are plenty tough cookies, I think they have lent new meaning to the partition, they are thicker than any other bullet and obviously made with Buffalo in mind, they do well in water and magazines and my partner Phil Shoemaker has used them on Brown Bear and sez the are plenty tough and penitrate like the dickens.

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw Ray, you can shoot better than that.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote