THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    o.k. varnmits to elephants, one gun, what would you chose (sorry no 375hh to obvious)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

o.k. varnmits to elephants, one gun, what would you chose (sorry no 375hh to obvious)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,
Lord I hope so!! fat finger techknowledgy and lack of proof reading is my fame only to be shared by my spelling, both of which I have little time to attend! sofa

make it 180 gr.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The world's two greatest guns, calibers. It would either be the 378 W'by or the 50-110 in a lever '86.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Crap, I was hoping there was such an animal. .30/280 sounds almost as good as .375/400. Seems both would be pile drivers.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to the 25-20 Win...

Razzer

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.375 H & H!!!

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
No one have mentioned 9.3x64, as far as I can see... It might not be legal for dangerous game everywhere, but would no doubt be an interesting alternative to the 375 H&H, and a classy cartridge at the same time. This is pure theory however, I have no own expreience of the cartridge. Smiler

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets get back to basics, if .375 (H&H) is out of the pic, hows about .404 Jeffery, a good reliable old round, can be loaded to modern velocities ( for those who see the need) and can be utilised with lighter bullets that the original 400 grains, again for the modernists amongst us.

Next on my list is my .500 Jeffery, love this rifle, quite simply if you have a big calibre why not use it.

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote