Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady at SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
I saw Steve Hornady in the Hornady booth at SCI on Wednesday. Stopped to thank him for producing good quality large bore and Nitro Express ammo at a reasonable price. He seemed appreciative of my comments and did an on the spot availability check on the DGX 500 NE for me. Very pleasant fellow to whom all big bore shooters owe a debt of gratitude.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
to whom all big bore shooters owe a debt of gratitude.

+1

A great product at a fair price. He has done a lot to make shooting big bores much easier.

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+2

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+3 I like the company, and their product.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
+4 you big bore shooters are not alone....their ammo quality is so damn good I have stopped reloading for several calibers...in my long range rifle, .270 for example, I easily get less than 1 moa using their light mag ammo.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
But they need to make +.5 cal ammo (eg .505 Gibbs) for us 'big-bore' fans Smiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the guys at Hornady. Steve Johnson is a great guy too.

And yea, I do get free product for my stories. But when I paid big bucks for my hunt last year, I used Hornady solids.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%. Hornady deserves our support.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just received a couple of boxes of .404 DGS's for my tuskless hunt in July. Good stuff and at a very reasonable price.... I, too, thanked the folks at Hornady, albeit at Dallas.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good folks. They have done so much for the double rifle user, and that was a brave move.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they have made it easier for us NE folks--just wish they would offer .577 NE brass.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I had a nice chat with them at DSC as well, I just wish they'd step up their brass production of ALL these NE cartridges not to mention the 405!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

Any of you guys maybe saw mike voigt at reno?

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used his .500NE solids in my 105 year young WR and they produced 1.2 inch groups at 50 yds. I was so tickled that I wrote Hornady a letter thanking them for providing us an outlet. Steve was kind enough to answer my letter. He is one of us and I am happy to patronize their business.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve is a great guy to share camp with as well!

He's a bit of a prankster too!

Rare to see an old family run company not ruined by the successors of the founder!

Steve has really built that company up without sacraficing quality and integrity!

I support Hornady whenever possible!

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So do I. Their round nose 300 grain .375 is all that goes downrange during practice, and I practice a lot.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you even get it in Germany! I always favourite Hornady since I have seen an article in Ovis magazine about SH, recognizing that he is a true hunter.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I saw Steve Hornady on the Boggington on Buffalo II DVD. His comment 'Oh my' after shooting a Buff sounded genuine and full of natural, heart felt enjoyment.

It's good to read the comments above as they re-inforce that positive impression of him.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have been using Hornady ammo for years and years. I still wear the old red Hornady t-shirts of theirs every once in a while. Years ago, if you bought so many boxes of ammo, they gave you a free Hornady t-shirt. I have a whole wardrobe of them! LOL! Big Grin