New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many days in Namibia?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How many days would be recommmended for 6 or 7 animals in the large conservency areas of Namibia?
Last year in RSA we spent 10 days hunting and one travel day, because we hunted several locations it went well. This time I think we will plop in one area and stay put.

When have you felt the need to move on?

Has anyone spent a few days in the Skeleton Coast Park? Was it as spectacular as you read about?

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go at least 10. The daily rate is cheap enough that I wouldn't cut corners, and I am a cheap guy.

I passed on the opportunity to go skin diving for lobsters on the coast when I was there. Dumb.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been told the rule of thumb is 1.5 days per animal so I think 10 day would work.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
My dad and I hunted 2X1 at three places and took 7 animals each. We had more on our wish list, but just ran out of time. I think 1 to 1.5 days per animal is about right. Some days we shot 2 animals, and once we went 2.5 days without drawing blood.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I got the 4 animals I really wanted in 5 days but actually had to pack the 4th out on the 6th so DesertRam's rule of thumb is about right. I got my 5th on the 7th and last day. If I had it to do over again, I would not book less than 10 days no matter how many animals I am hunting even if I am sight seeing for a few of those days.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote