New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice move SCI!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not exactly Africa, but this is a very important "test" case in my opinion. SCI is challenging the 1990 California voter initiative that banned importation of mountain lion trophies.

ABOUT TIME. SCI, DCS, and the NRA need to challenge these voter initiatives on constitutional grounds. Why are voter props allowed to take away my constitutional right to pursue happiness? They are challenging this law based on interstate commerce, but if gays can overturn voter props, then we should certainly do the same thing.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/6331001302

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That is at times danger of so called democracy- telling other people what to do
Ca, USFWA etc. There is always someone that tries to tell rest of us how to live out lives.
I agree, overturn it on bases of " Hunters are persecuted minority "
Why should queers be any different? And I don't mean this to put them down.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Those with something missing in their lives will always try to control the lives of others.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I like the more litigious and aggressive lobbying and public relations SCI approach of late. I think the notion of trying to work or cooperate with the agencies and bodies articulating these policies is fruitless. They will take what they can get through negotiation and then take some more. Not to say that litigation will necessarily be successful, but of the options that are out there it is certainly the more appealing.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing better than an aggressive offense. They should be in full assault mode. Sue the sobs everywhere everyday. Conservation force does a good job with access to a lot less money.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
There is nothing better than an aggressive offense. They should be in full assault mode. Sue the sobs everywhere everyday. Conservation force does a good job with access to a lot less money.

+1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:

+1

Mike

+2 Sitting by passively won't do it.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
and who do you guys suggest paying for an endless string of lawsuits?? last i checked, lawyers didn't do this pro bono and civil litigation like this is expensive, long term, and success is iffy at best. i fully agree it is probably the only way things will change , but TANSTAAFL. these are multimillion dollar court cases......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
SCI has in house lawyers that are handling the ivory ban suit so I presume they handle these others too. In house lawyers cost money for sure, but if they are on the payroll the cost is sunk. I should also add that some law firms, like Hiscock & Barclay for example, do provide assistance on a pro bono basis.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
SCI has in house lawyers that are handling the ivory ban suit so I presume they handle these others too. In house lawyers cost money for sure, but if they are on the payroll the cost is sunk. I should also add that some law firms, like Hiscock & Barclay for example, do provide assistance on a pro bono basis.

Worth the membership fee

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
BEGNO said it well. I've thought about offering my legal services to CF, but haven't yet. I'm more accustomed to defending criminals (even though many hunters may be considered criminals in the eyes of the antis).

I suppose I should contact Mr. Jackson, regardless. I'm sure they could use any and all help.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I like the more litigious and aggressive lobbying and public relations SCI approach of late. I think the notion of trying to work or cooperate with the agencies and bodies articulating these policies is fruitless. They will take what they can get through negotiation and then take some more. Not to say that litigation will necessarily be successful, but of the options that are out there it is certainly the more appealing.

I am glad to hear that. I know it costs money - but I like that approach better than waiting for something good to happen. Because it just is not going to happen now. Maybe before in earlier years but if they don't take a stand now, there wont be any stand left. I for one will support them more when they are in there swinging .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
BEGNO said it well. I've thought about offering my legal services to CF, but haven't yet. I'm more accustomed to defending criminals (even though many hunters may be considered criminals in the eyes of the antis).

I suppose I should contact Mr. Jackson, regardless. I'm sure they could use any and all help.

Go get'em brother tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote