Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun Shells in Harare
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Are 12 gauge shotgun shells in shot size appropriate for guinefowl, francolins and sand grouse readily available in Harare? Cost?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Take 2-3 boxes of 8 or 7 1/2. There are alot of quail at Ghonarezhou.

If not, tell Nixon to get you shells.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but watch for your 11# weight limit. shotshells add up weight fast. for me this year 25 rds of 470 25 rds of 9.3x74 and 20 rds of 20 ga added up to 11#'s

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weight is an issue with shotgun shells unless you have non-hunters going along.

I was able to procure shotgun shells in Zimbabwe in what seems like centuries ago.

As a note of warning, make sure you specify that the shotgun shells have something other than a local pedigree. I believe my outfitter supplied us with Fiocchis which worked very well on francolin, quail and guinea fowl.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to give the operator lots of notice, as he will have to get them in RSA

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
all ammo is available- sporadically (ie never the day you need it). either ask the operaor to get it or pre order it from rifleman@mweb.co.zw. Karrel is very good at getting what is needed...from 300WSM to .470, but it takes time

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote