Find
Notify
Tools

Dont Drink and Book....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted
So, I am two glasses into a nice bottle of Bordeaux and it is aggravating my Post Safari Depression (PSD). That combined with some of the recent campfire pics on this board have made resistance almost futile. Anyone else find that a nice G&T, Amarula on ice, and/or glass (or two) of wine has influenced their safari booking behavior?

dancing

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
The Bombay Gin Company is responsible for my booking to hunt Buffalo in Zambia, in spite of the miserable economic situation. In addition, I'm taking my girlfriend as an observer. Maybe Bombay would offer an endorsement?

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Bordeaux and Amarula both contribute to my PSD and influenced my changing my plans from 2011 to 2010. They also contributed to my decision to add a Nyala to the list for 2010. Unlike some on this forum, adding a Nyala was a leap for me.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 634 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlest, probably one of the best leaps you have made. Beautiful animial and a great hunt. I hope you are going to Natal for this maganificent animial.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
+1 for Bombay Saphire.

It took a drink or two before my hand was steady enough to sign the contract for 42 days for two buff, two leop, lion, and ele spread over 2011 and 2012. So, yes, "medication" facilitates booking.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote- " So, yes, "medication" facilitates booking. " animal
Will, I know exactly what you mean!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
I intend on drinking heavily during the auction at my SCI chapter fundraiser in a couple weeks. If all goes as planned I'll wake up with a trip or two booked. beer

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GUILTY, moonshine made me do it. Amarula in my coffee cured the next day head but not the wallet jumping
excuse#2 insanity I'm crazy about that stuff dancing

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
DOJ,

Not sure yet. We are starting out in Free State for Springbok and possibly Zebra and Wildebeestand. We will probably end up in Limpopo. We are still discussing the priorities and where to go for everything except the Springbok.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 634 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Damn Gin & tonic. I went to our local SCI banquet, ended up with a trip to Alaska and Africa for the same year. After that the wife goes with to control my spending.

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lozano:
Damn Gin & tonic. I went to our local SCI banquet, ended up with a trip to Alaska and Africa for the same year. After that the wife goes with to control my spending.

Why do you thing they serve free beer at the Reno Auctions.. :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
For some reason, drink never made me book. Looking at pictures, now, that's dangerous!

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
Grey Goose caused my first elk hunt!

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
So, I am two glasses into a nice bottle of Bordeaux and it is aggravating my Post Safari Depression (PSD).

dancing

What Bordeaux were you enjoying? Anytime I spend money on a Classified Chateau, I am acutely aware of my financial situation rotflmo!!

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pendleton Whiskey is too blame for. . . . . all that is great !

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Pendleton is to blame for alot of my decisions!!

Most I don't regret.

Posts: 3 | Location: Redmond OR | Registered: 11 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mbili Kili's:
Pendleton is to blame for alot of my decisions!!

Most I don't regret.

Well spoken

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote