Find
Notify
Tools

Tusker, Castle, Windhoek Beer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted
My buddy that is going to Zim with me and I had an African "beerathon" drinking a 6er of each of these beers last weekend. Are there any other African Beers which are available over here to try? Have to get in the "spirit" you know. Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Try some Zambezi in Zim. I don't think it is available over here though.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll second that. Zambezi is my preferred sourthern Africa beer. I've never seen it in the US.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where did you get Windhoek over here?

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Beverages and More has all these beers. Run around $8 a sixer - ouch!

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

If there is a Cost Plus World Market in your area, you can have them order Windhoek. The importer is located in Southern California and imports a variety of African beers and wines I believe. Can't remember the name though.

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tourists to Zim seem to like Zambezi. That's only because the locals aren't letting on their secret. At risk of severe bodily harm, I'll let the cat out of the bag - it's called Bohlingers. GOOD stuff!!!!

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote