Find
Notify
Tools

Cabelas Safari Shirts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I found one in my closet last night. Pretty excited. Was the camel colored one.

I actually like the Game Guard shirts as well, but I am not sure about taking them on safari someplace hot and dry. As they are made of plastic.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
My experience with the zippered pockets on the Cabela's shirts is the zippers quit working. But since you can't get them any more and since I pretty much wore mine out it doesn't matter.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love those shirts. I still have 3 short sleeves and 3 long sleeves. I will guard them well.

Since Bass Pro took over Cabela’s their clothing line has gone to hell. Replaced by that Redhead crap. Cabela’s outfitter line of clothing was well made, tough and affordable. I used to be a regular Cabela’s shopper and even have their credit card. I hardly ever shop their stuff anymore.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:

Since Bass Pro took over Cabela’s their clothing line has gone to hell. Replaced by that Redhead crap. Cabela’s outfitter line of clothing was well made, tough and affordable. I used to be a regular Cabela’s shopper and even have their credit card. I hardly ever shop their stuff anymore.

This describes my relationship with Cabela's now perfectly. Bass Pro did the stores no favors in the clothing line. I have, and use their card to mainly get free rifle scopes and a few other odds & ends on points. And I too, hardly ever shop there anymore.

For years I traveled to Sydney, NE to their HQ store from Colorado to shop. It was an adventure and I always bought lots of stuff. Cabela's made plans to open a store in Denver, Colorado in 2006. I was pumped. Then, it fell through. Years later, they not only opened a store in Denver, but in fact opened two: one on the north side and the other on the south side. Valhalla!

Then, a few years later, Bass Pro bought them out. Paradise lost. Frowner

Posts: 2623 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love those shirts. I still have 3 short sleeves and 3 long sleeves. I will guard them well.

Agree 100%

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agree 100%

Perfect description of my feelings towards Cabela's/Bass Pro. Still have their credit card but it just sits in a drawer at home and is never used.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The original Cabela's Serengeti shirt was my favorite. They changed the fit and pocket arrangement with the second version and I don't like them as much.

I only have 2 left, a long sleeve and short sleeve. I travel almost weekly and they're usually the shirt I wear on travel days as an untucked jacket/shirt. I'm a pocket kind of guy and love the large secure pockets. The fabric also gets better and softer with age.

The fit of the Tag shirts sucks. The neck/collar isn't right, the fabric feels cheap, never softens and wrinkles badly and the buttons fall off.

Whatever happened to the "Long grass" clothing line? Their stuff was kind of in between the Cabela's and Tag shirts, in regards to fit and quality.

Posts: 520 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
quote:

This describes my relationship with Cabela's now perfectly. Bass Pro did the stores no favors in the clothing line. I have, and use their card to mainly get free rifle scopes and a few other odds & ends on points. And I too, hardly ever shop there anymore.

For years I traveled to Sydney, NE to their HQ store from Colorado to shop. It was an adventure and I always bought lots of stuff. Cabela's made plans to open a store in Denver, Colorado in 2006. I was pumped. Then, it fell through. Years later, they not only opened a store in Denver, but in fact opened two: one on the north side and the other on the south side. Valhalla!

At least you still have "Outdoor Man" Wink

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I guess these people used to have some affiliation with Willis and Geiger:

https://avedoncolby.com/shop/signature-field-shirt/ $200

The shirt came in today. Very comfortable and fits well. While being soft, it is not flimsy like some other shirts. I might buy a few more.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
quote:

At least you still have "Outdoor Man" Wink

yuck

Baxter Ou...er, Surefire7 Out!

Posts: 2623 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote