New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thermacell and Tsetse fly
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does a Termacell work with Tsetse flies and could you carry it in your check bag? Have used them them while turkey hunting ,they work great. Just wondering.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it is legal to take the fuel canisters on a plane .

No idea if they works on the flies . They do not work on the sand gnats we have .

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took a couple in my carry on bag 2 years ago. It wasn’t an issue.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can’t hurt to give it a go.

I would see if the fuel cells can be purchased on the local economy when you arrive.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1048 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing works with tsetses, I've tried it all. Thank God. They are the reason we still have game areas in Africa.

I used to try repellants, none worked, only a few were even effective to any extent. Carhart jeans shut them down below the waste, but then I tried heavy shirts or liner layers below a shirt, but that lasted until about 10 a.m. Too hot.

Last year, I decided to forego all the greasy repellent and just let them bite me. I did burn elephant dung. But that's my new method. Just get used to it.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Saeed’s concoction works well, but it might melt anything it touches! I’ve used it, so know on both of those aspects.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll just get bit. My titers totally blow my rheumatologist away. He looked at me one time and said, " Where the hell have you been?".

Posts: 10015 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found the Sawyer picaridin products work well on Tsetse flies in our region

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 314 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote