New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save Conservancy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard today that the Save is off limits to Americans now that they have "Mugabe cronies" as partners. Someone tell me it's a rumor and not true!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMHO the SAVE is one of the best places to hunt in all of Africa.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
parts of it maybe. But I doubt the entire conservancy is off limits.

You might ask these guys
consularharare@state.gov

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a rumour and not true - Ok seriously though, government in it's wisdom are trying to force partners on land holders in the Conservancy. Some of the partners mentioned are on the black list, however NO ONE has done a deal or signed anything as of yet so it is just a rumour for now. Negotiations are still taking place and there is a lot of confusion between all parties concerned with regards to the forced partners and this new extremly intelligent scheme of forcing all companies in Zimbabwe to give up 51% of their shares to black partners where the rules are different and which will put your government in a very difficult situation with regards to all other companies. But as stated in previous posts on the subject once we know what the Nazi Mafia have in store for us we will let everyone know so as not to get anyone into any legal problems.

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Would be a horrible shame and would change my plans for the next three to four years.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it would be bad.

This may prove to be more problematic for Bob. First issue is that some of the parcels are owned by wealthy foreign people that purchased the land legally and have spent small mountains of money maintaining and improving the land, not to mention employing and caring for many indigenous people. They aren't going to take it lightly. If this land is seized, it would pretty much be the kiss of death for future foreign investment. Obviously foreign investment is desperately needed. Further, some of the owners of foreign owned farms that were seized have taken the Zim government to the World Court . The Zimbabwe government lost.

The other thing is that the safari companies are not necessarily the same as the owners of the property. For example, I just hunted with Zambezi Hunters. They don't own any of the land that I hunted on. This may also prove problematic.

I hope the SAVE stays untouched. The unfortunate reality is that some of the "war vets" are already there.

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote