Find
Notify
Tools

DSC AR members Friday night dinner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
AR members going to Pappadeaus's 7pm Lombardy Lane, Dallas Friday night...We will meet in lobby 630pm of the Comfort Inn...

Reservations limited to 50 and dinner to be paid in cash, one bill...

seats still available for dinner, See everybody next Friday, Mike

pm me to get on the list...

Starting list...

3 retreever, wife, Cherie; & son, Matt
2 dulcinea & wife, Rena
2 30/06 & SBT
2 Lhook7 & fiance
2 ForrestB & Wink
2 Frank Beller & wife Joyce
1 Die ou Jagter, Ed
1 Judge
1 Rusty
3 lee440,wife Terry, Bob
2 MJines & Rick Cappoza
2 Blacktailer & wife Randi
1 Billinthewild
2 Hogkiller & buddy
2 Rich Elliott, wife Candi
2 Graylake and wife
2 PHurley & Steve Bailey
1 post driver aka Dennis
1 MRV
1 Steve
1 JJS, aka Jim
2 llamapacker & wife Gail
1 Jerry
2 450#2 & wife
1 Montana
2 Ib404, Len & Susan
1 AnotherAZWriter
1 Dougaboy
2 JTurk & Vern Ebert
1 Jeffeosso

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I will be there! Look forward to see you!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Count on me, Terry and Bob! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Gotta make it a tentative. Will need to see how to get to the Comfort Inn or just to meet you at the restaurant. One.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I am planning to be there too.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
btt

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If there's room, I'd like to be included.

I wasn't able to shuffle my time committments this year to plan this dinner as I did last year. Thanks, Mike, for stepping up and doing it.

Y'all be sure to come back by the Silent Auction area and say 'hi'.

Dennis

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Looks like I'll be able to make it as well. Let me know if there is room.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dinner Friday night is limiled to 50 for the room at Pappadeaux's Lombardy Lane...
There will be one bill and it has to be paid in cash!!! No credit cards....

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That's a lotta of crawfish bisque, which is excellent at Pappdeaux's by the way. The cash thing must be driven by the bar tab they have heard that this group can run.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike...you would make a good detective... clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the food really that good at this place. Who is going to handle the tab?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Pappadeaux's is a cajun seafood restaurant. I would describe it as a moderately priced (entrees run $15-20), good food restaurant. It is no Brennan's to be sure, but it costs alot less too. Lots of fried seafood, some broiled and grilled. For those that like shrimp, try the shrimp brochette, bacon wrapped shrimp with jalepenos and cheese in the middle. Comes with a free angioplasty for dessert.

http://www.pappadeaux.com/index.htm

Mike

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
If there's still room I would like to attend also.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
It will great to see you again!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike
Please put me and the wife on the list.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I would like to attend also.
Leonard and Susan Burke

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got asked by a client to go to Dallas on Jan 10 and 11th...couldn't find a damn return ticket on Friday so I called Wendell to see what he is doing. DSC, naturally. Bingo! I bought a ticket to return Saturday night. Is it too late to sign up?

Pappadeaux's reminds me of Texas, esp Houston. Went thru Houston IAH today and there is even one in the airport.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I will probably have one other person attending the dinner with me, Rick Cappoza a fellow hunter from NY.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found out I can make it to DSC. If it's not too late, my friend Vern Ebert and I would like to attend the Friday dinner with y'all.
JTurk (new member)

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
JTurk, welcome to AR. Are you who I think you are? I plan to be at the dinner on friday as well.
Forrest Bruch

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
JTurk welcome to AR, you are on the dinner reservations...

See you next Friday cheers

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest--yep...I'll look forward to seeing you at the dinner. I just sent another project to Duane, so there will be plenty to discuss!

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
You guys are over the 50 ark, but my wife and I will try and stop by. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:

Glad to hear you will be there; been a while since I saw you. I am in Dallas now.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jorge seats are still available...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Count me in

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote