Find
Notify
Tools

TAA and Hornady's Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Question: Do they show the same episodes on both shows???? I watched a Hornady's Africa episode featuring Joshua Spies and his Dad and I am certain the same episode was on TAA.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was my thought as well.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to know how many crews Dave and company have filming. I have no idea how they get the footage and editing done to deliver two separate shows a week?
As in this case they may have borrows some footage.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they record them in advance and then send them in.the hunt your watching maybe one they did last yr

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy Boys
What happened is the Sportsmans Channel called at the last minute to tell us they needed to move up two weeks in the production schedule due to a bunch of their production crew on vacation. As was noted, doing 39 African episodes ( all new) a year (26 on Tracks and 13 on Hornadys Africa) leaves zero wiggle room for surprise schedule changes on a schedule like ours. I made a decision to run a very good ( and already edited !) Josh Spies show. We always run different programing on the two shows. You will see some of the same B-roll shots on both channels from time to time used to make a point, but we have always run new episodes on the two networks. In the old days, Tim Danklef and I simply had to live in Africa to pull it off. It cost me a marriage and much sanity, so we put together the hardest working team of field producers on the planet to help us crank it all out. I watch some of the other "African stuff" where they shoot 13 animals in South Africa and BINGO, there is your 13 show series. I sure could make more money that way, but then again you guys would not be watching ! Speaking of, we really do value the fact that you do tune in, and we try our very best to put together shows that men like yourselves will say " Those guys get it " when you watch a show. It is simply a gut busting task to produce the volume of dangerous game programing we do, but we are passionate about Africa, safari, and are lucky to have guys and gals like the AR family that feel the same.
From all of us at SAFARI CLASSICS PRODUCTIONS, thanks for watching.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I watch some of the other "African stuff" where they shoot 13 animals in South Africa and BINGO, there is your 13 show series. I sure could make more money that way, but then again you guys would not be watching !

Bingo is right. I have no idea who watches those 13 shows, but it isn't me. Keep up the good work; I enjoy it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. I am relatively new to Hornady's Africa since our cable provider added The Sportsman Channel recently. As a new viewer, I had only seen a couple of other episodes -- which were different from TAA episodes -- then the Spies episode. So I was just curious if they overlap in episodes or whether they run seperate episodes. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Your guy are hands down have the best show's on the tube!! I was waiting for your show to come on last night and watched a few mins. of the show before yours and it was painful to have to watch those guys!!! It sounded like they where calling turkeys when the shot a white tail. grown men acting poorly!!
Thank You for the quality product

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave and Tim's shows are the best on the tube and have increased interest in hunting Africa for a lot of folks. Cheers. I also know how hard the guys in the field work having been in camp with them and having brought a brick of their tape back home to Tim and Dave in May. Keep up the good work guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was that Spies the AMA Superbike racer?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Spies the wildlife artist.

Mike