Tools

AR PLEASE buy me this Ranch (-:
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
AR Guests /

If you can come up with say BALLPARK ($US 650,000) Frowner

I proberbly could talk my brother into selling you his FULLY security game fenced 6,500 acre ranch in SA Limpopo Province/ He has two in that Province

WE would need to (negotiate a fair price) for all the existing game animals on the property following a professional game count. They are numerious and varied and include 4 x White Rhino

The property is (100% operational going concern) and with very nice bushveld style lodge and facilities to boot, boreholes plant and very nice owners house swimming pool etc etc etc. You dont need to do any developement or extra expense, everying is there existing and ready to run or running at this time.

Steve (AKA Shakari) knows the ranch and has visited it himself some years ago so he can give a general overview from an outsideres perspective.

It is not a remote location, it is a very easy accessable property close to all civilisation roads etc and about 45 minutes drive from Pietersburg airport ///

Would suit those whom want (very easy going topography) nice comfortable facilties and general plains game easy hunting ... Proberly would suit an OLD SOB like me whom wanted to be near town airport and have a lazy existance ( Ha Ha )

--------------------------
HEY AR GUESTS ///

Come up with (SOME BRIGHT IDEAS) and maybe AR can buy the place lock stock and barrel

bawling mommy please buy me that ranch bawling

Take care and keep dreaming lol

----------------------------------

Location / flashing hand near N1

Owners House / nice and very comfortable, sit is bar/lounge and watch animals at waterholke

The Main clients lodge

Main clients Lodge close up

Some animals roaming

One of the two single chalets / also has a double chalet & PH chalet self contained

Bar area within the Main Lodge

Main Lodge area / includes pool table kitchen etc

bawling mommy please buy me that ranch bawling

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Why not sell shares, and owners get a discount on the cost of a hunt?

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter

Izzat like the old Janis Joplin ditty, "Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me A Mercedes Benz....."

Cool Cool Razzer Razzer Razzer

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
C'Mon entreprenuers

We can get an [ AR HEADQUARTERS ] in Africa ...

That is JUST a starting point, then we can branch out to bigger and better things

Surly with all our vast AR networking experience someone must know an AFFLUENT joker ( at Microsoft ) or other with under a Million to get the place for our new HQ

Maybe turn it into an (OLD AGE HOME) for the likes of MYSELF, RAY, JUDGEG and anyone else of 55+ Vintage beer

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If we pooled our resources at AR and bought this for you can we get break on the observer rate??? Wink

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil:
If we pooled our resources at AR and bought this for you can we get break on the observer rate??? Wink

Phil

I think we need to commit you me and Walter to the nearest instituation Big Grin

How about we charge the OBSERVER rates at TWICE HALF THE PRICE + 10% roflmao

It must be the silly season OR FULL moon

Happy upcoming JULY 4 to all in USA

Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a pretty place. Alas, if I owned this nice game ranch, it would be like a drunk owning a bar.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
How in the world could one get all of that for $650,000k? I don't mean to doubt, but that seems a little too good to be true. I'm not experienced at all when it comes to Africa, so what am I missing? Do you have a ballpark figure on the cost of the game in addition to the land? Thanks! Big Grin

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice ranch, I'll pitch in 1 dollar us. I hunted not to far from there at the Mopane Ranch, owned by Jack Scott, his son Jaco is the PH. Thats a good area.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I would chip in a few bucks if I could hunt there. Smiler

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Me too!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Ignore what I said in an earlier thread about he Northern Province Roll Eyes.

I would be in for a 1% share.

However I think an independent less interested valuation might be a good idea. Wink

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who will issue a guarantee that RSA will respect property rights and not engage in a Zimbabwe-style land seizure?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It's certainly a very nice place. It's proximity to town makes it reasonably easy to live there and it's proximity to Bots, Zim & the KNP just add to it's allure. - So it get's a thumbs up from me.

Although I'm no expert on property values I'd say that from my limited experience it's well worth that kind of money.

........and please can I overnight there sometimes as I hate the hotels in the area! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Is the border crossing at Mesena always as big a mess as it was the only I was there, not that I crossed, but turned left off N1 on the road by the river.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fair price for land reform

8 December 2004

Land reform is a priority in South Africa - and the government has given its assurance that the free market system will remain one of the pillars of its redistribution programme.

Speaking at the annual Agri South Africa congress in October, Land Affairs Minister Thoko Didiza reiterated the government's commitment to land reform based on the fair price and "willing buyer, willing seller" model.

At the same time, redistribution of wealth in the agricultural sector has been supported by assurances by the country's commercial farmers that they are intent on making black economic empowerment work.

Agri SA said at its congress that the organisation would actively seek to assist black farmers, and that it has the support of most of the country's farmers.

"We have so many things in common now, I think it's time that all the farmers in South Africa speak with one voice", Agri SA deputy president Bully Bothma told the SA Press Association (Sapa).

http://www.southafrica.info/doing_business/economy/fisc...andreform-policy.htm

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[The South African] Government has committed itself to redistributing 30% of agricultural land to black owners by 2014; finalising the restitution process by 2007. So far, in 11 years an area equivalent to 4.3% of commercial farmland has been transferred.

Government is experiencing growing pressure within its own ranks, to renounce its market-oriented approach (based on 'willing-buyer, willing-seller') for a different strategy centred on expropriation of white-owned farms at below-market prices.

http://www.cde.org.za/opinion_piece_land_reform.htm

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Gringo,

I've never used that particular crossing. The only ones have personal experience of in recent years are Platjen & Zanzibar which both go across to Tuli Block Botswana near Baine's Drift.

Both are very well organised but of the two I prefer Platjen.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fusino:
How in the world could one get all of that for $650,000k? I don't mean to doubt, but that seems a little too good to be true. I'm not experienced at all when it comes to Africa, so what am I missing? Do you have a ballpark figure on the cost of the game in addition to the land? Thanks! Big Grin

Fusino //

Dont hold me to that price,

But seeing my brother has one other SA ranch of 15,000 acre to operate located about 2 hours driving north from this one in the Soutpansberg Mountains and of cource the priceless 10,000 acre ranch in Zambia, then I do believe he would seriously consider around $650K for the land and plant ...

He is essentially strapped for further development CASH to expand his ranch in the MOUNTAINS ans in ZAMBIA /// all his capitol is effectively tied up in LAND being the three ranches ( 30,000+ acre) therfore he is not looking to make money per se ONLY to get working capitol so YES the price is VERY GOOD / it works out about $100 /per acre and that is securty game fenced totally ..

I would (hazard a guess) that the existing game animals on that property ( EXCLUDING ) the 4 x white rhino might be worth around 275K or close as it has not ever been hunted hard so there are good game populations on the land !!

In theory you/a potentail buyer could walk in we walk out @ no more than $925K ..... maybe less, it would essentially depend upon any serious enquiry as my brother is NOT a hard man to deal with, he makes decisions quite quickly when it comes to buying or selling game properties, that is why he has three fully operational ranches in two countries in Africa, he does not procrastinate ...

Quick figures / AR business plan Confused

1000 x 950ea.

Get 1000 AR guests to become official (life members) of AR then charge them $950 each for their membership ///they then own a ranch in Africa ....

Elect say 10 of them to become BOARD members and they can run the place.

Sounds simple on paper Big Grin

Any other bright ideas ?

Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The strong UK pound against the US dollar would make that a very attractive proposition to Brits...... Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has interesting possibilities. I don't know about 1000 interested parties but if corporately stuctured one could buy more than one share.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful ranch. I'd probably be interested in a share or two.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
If you guys ever get this off the ground, count me in.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of time shares. We each buy a time share for 10K and get to hunt it every other year. How about it? There's got to be at least 65 interested investors out there. That way if the South African government ends up being like robber Bob you're not out a significant investment.

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Hell, for $1000 a share, count me in! I piss more money away each year buying s**t I don't need.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, I suggest that you put a list together of those who might be interested. Please add my name and email address to the list.
George

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in a share or two as well. Count me in.

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Hey, why don't we get Jim and Tammy Faye to manage it?

jump

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be up for this if it gets off the ground.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrkyhntr:
Peter, I suggest that you put a list together of those who might be interested. Please add my name and email address to the list.
George

Dear Guests & or other interested parties

WE would have to ask SAEED first about the general idea proposed as I have just ( sort of ) floated the notion //

I believe it would be appropriate to [ FIRST ASK SAEED ] as we/I am using his very respected and no doubt copyrighted AR forum's name in effect by even suggesting the life membership tie up, even if it was initially sort of joking Red Face bawling...

Lets see what the BOSS MAN has to say Mad

Two Russian lady clients - view from main Lodge looking towards the braai area / pool would be on left

This was taken from the owners house, sitting in lounge/bar area looking towards waterhole

This is ALSO the man we FIRST have to convince to SELL the RANCH / my brother Alan shown on right

On left our Lusaka based taxi Mike Borman / Bangweulu Taxidermy - Pic taken @ Dendro Park Ranch

Peter

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I can pay for the whole thing...I just got an email that I won a lottery I didn't even enter:

-------------
NUEVO-ORO LOTTO: Prize Awards Department
Reference:FL/668530092 Batch:45301/14/FIFA06/FL.

We gladly wish to inform you of the draws of the Nuevo Oro Lotto in
conjunction with the National Organizing Committee of the 2006 FIFA World Cup held on the 29TH of
April 2005 in Munich Germany.You along with 187 others were selected winners under draws 6+J in our monthly program which will feature as run up to the games next year when you will be due for the final Grand draw.However your e-mail address attached to ticket number 508-7895-4456-224 with
serial numbers 5223-54 drew the lucky numbers 16-43-85-33-15-73 and consequently won the lottery in the 5th category.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Please be informed that all participants in this lottery program have
been selected randomly through a computer ballot system drawn from over 500,000 companies and
50,000,000 individual e-mail addresses.This Lottery is Organized by the host country in
collaboration with FIFA. Funds for the draws have been contributed by the major sponsors of the games which include adidas,Hyundai,FujiFilm,MasterCard,Gillette,Cocacola,Emirates Air,
Continental,Toshiba,Mcdonalds and a host of others. Due to the computer mix up of some numbers and email contacts, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted.
This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by participants of this program. Also find all other relevant winning lottery Information below:Ref No: FL/668530092 Batch No:45301/14/FIFA06/FL Zonal Draw No: IMSA2-040Grand Draw No: 14219 You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of One Million Six Hundred and fourty-Seven Thousand, Eight Hundred and Twenty Eight Euros and
Eighty-Seven Euro Cents. (EUROS 1.647.828.87) in cash credited to file No:LP/26510460037/02. For all our international winners the value of the amount comes to ($2.045.238.63 USD) Two Million
Fouty-Five thousand, two hundred and thrity-eight United States Dollars and Sixty three cents. For due Processing and remittance of your prize money,remember that you must contact your claim on or before 15th of July 2005.After this date, all funds will be returned as unclaimed.

NOTE:
In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember
to Quote your reference and batch numbers in every one of your correspondences.Furthermore,
should there be any change of your address, do inform your claims agent as soon as possible.
Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our Promotions program.

Sincerely,
David Jose
To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent
Mrs.Marai Carlos.
EMAIL:mariacarlos90@gmail.com
NUEVO ORO LOTTO COMPANY S.L
CALLE LIMA 27.
MADRID 28081
SPAIN

N.B. You are automatically disqualified if you are below 18 years of
age.

--------------------------------
So there we are gents......

on a more serious note, AR is a trademark of Accuratereloading.COM and if a bunch of the members get together to buy property, I don't know if there is any liabilility to Accuratereloading.COM if it uses our name.

We'll have to see.

Don

Posts: 26547 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
Well I guess I can pay for the whole thing...I just got an email that I won a lottery I didn't even enter:

So there we are gents......

on a more serious note, AR is a trademark of Accuratereloading.COM and if a bunch of the members get together to buy property, I don't know if there is any liabilility to Accuratereloading.COM if it uses our name.

We'll have to see.

Don

Hi Don /

Hope July 4 is going well, we are a day ahead in NZ so it is now 10:15 am Monday July 4

I personally get about at least one of those wonderful lottery or Nigeria OIL SCAMS deals into my office every day without fail ... aint it a strange world //

BUT more seriously, as you point out and as I indicated in my previous post AR is a respected copyright entity and we would never ever use any slight of hand.

I friviously started this thread and we are having a bit of fun at the moment /// as you say we await any developements

Take care

Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know it could all be cost justified if each of the shareholders took turns darting the rhinos. Cool

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys remeber about 8 years ago when a bunch of these game ranches were for sale in Zim? I could have bought a 50,000 acre farm for ONLY $450,000 USD ready to GO!!!
Big Grin thumb

Just what ever you do be carefull. It is a beautifull farm isnt it?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Get some folks to buy it and I'll retire, move and administer it for only a small suppliment to my SS benefits.. and also market a few hunts on the side to cut down the payments. And I ain't kidding.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Get some folks to buy it and I'll retire, move and administer it for only a small suppliment to my SS benefits.. and also market a few hunts on the side to cut down the payments. And I ain't kidding.

Hi JudgeG

Hope you are keeping well ///

Thats sounds like a damn good offer from yourself, we will keep it in the memory banks just in case things might progress ..

PS:

ANYHOW, on a more immediately serious note ...

If you JUST HAPPIN get caught short in Africa with your (pants down) during your UPCOMING TAN ZANIA hunt ...

Flight delays, Africa Fever, Lack of will to return HOME etc THEN dont hesisitate to contact my brother Alan if he is in SA at that time, you can maybe then take a (short one/two day side trip) to see the PROPERTY and then our AR guests will know what it looks like from one of the true (gentelmen good guys) on AR apart from RAY SAEED and 15,000 others good chaps as well Eeker

Have a WONDERFUL AFRICA safari hunting experience in TAN ZAN

Peter

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Count me in for a couple of shares (especially if the Russian lady clients want to visit again) Cool

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ranch, Peter! Interesting concept on group ownership, but, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

What are the monthly expenses to run the facility? Such as:

How many staff are needed and do they live permanently on the property? What do they expect in wages, feed, housing, transportation, medical and child schooling? What happens if staff get killed by game or even a client?

What do the property taxes cost?

Fence maintenance, how much a year? Is it electrified for the rhino? What's the electricity cost? How much is spent replacing stolen and damaged wire?

Utilities, costs for phone, cable or satellite and electricity?

Poaching? How much game is lost per year? How much is spent to guard game like rhinos?

Predators? What is usually on the property and how many big kudu, impala, nyala, etc are they eating per yer?

Breeding programs? How much new blood is normally brough in, if any per year to stay genetically diverse?

Invasive plant species and maintenance? I know in Natal there are some very nasty alien weeds that need a large amount of management. Does the same happen here?

Game, does it need supplimental feeding at all during the year? Cost of lucerne if so? Any recent droughts, are the plant species diverse and of high quality and able to support a high density of game in good condition?

How many clients are needed a year to make the property pay for itself?

And just how often do those thatch roofs need replacing? Are the bore holes and equipment in good working order?

What other expenses have I passed up that owners need to be aware of?

Stuff for future land owners to think about! Smiler

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering what the charge for the game will be. As I understand the post above, $650K is for land and buildings, but game must be purchased separately. Is that accurate, and if so, how much extra for the game?