THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Review of DSC - a follow up report to one I wrote about 4 or 5 years ago
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Review of DSC - a follow up report to one I wrote about 4 or 5 years ago
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt: I'm sorry I missed you as well...I still owe you a drink and will pay up at next years convention, with interest. Thanks for helping make our show a success.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2900 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to Marc Watts and Sable Trail Productions? I really enjoyed his videos.

Craig

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do believe Mr. Watts sold his production company.
Not real sure what he is up to right now.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I always looked forward to a new video of his.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
In the Feb/Mar 2012 issue of Universal Hunter magazine, Marc Watts said he retired from hunting. Did everything hunting related he wanted to do and sold all his taxidermy and art, most guns, ect.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, the guns should be in great shape as he never used but 1 shot to kill stuff...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting doesnt fit in with his new job.

No mention of hunting career/exploits in the bio. That's California I guess??

http://marcwatts.com/

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Re. Point 20 above. Cindy Garrison did indeed return to hunt Africa again recently, and the pilot of her new show, a hunt with us, will be shown for the first time ever at the Hunters Namibia Safaris booth during the Sheep Show this week - join me to see it!

Marina Lamprecht
HUNTERS NAMIBIA SAFARIS

Posts: 4 | Location: Eastern Namibia | Registered: 17 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

only if you want to be politically correct and pander to the bunny huggers/ vegans. the rest of us could give a shit less.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the post but welcome to AR Marina. We met in Charlotte and talked a bit. I am glad that you decided to sign up and get on with the crew here.

Larry

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

only if you want to be politically correct and pander to the bunny huggers/ vegans. the rest of us could give a shit less.

What purpose would mentioning hunting serve in his bio? It would be a completely "out in left field" statement given what he is doing now.

Look, I own a software company and a real estate investment company. Do you think I mention hunting on either website? I am selling software or soliciting buyers/renters, not trying to convince others to hunt. Give me a break.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
bios/CV's usually are in chronological order. wouldn't it be a bit strange if your's had a 5 year gap?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
bios/CV's usually are in chronological order. wouldn't it be a bit strange if your's had a 5 year gap?

Yes, but he isn't posting a resume; he is posting a summary of his media experience. Even on LinkedIn I don't mention my outdoor writing, for the simple fact I don't want my customers to think I have too much going on - because I probably do.

I think you guys are being too hard on the guy.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Clara and I stayed at the Omni from Wednesday to Sunday and had a great time at the show. We were there everyday visiting, shopping and getting information for future hunts. The AR dinner was an added bonus. The people at Hoxleigh are true Ladies and Gentlemen and I made the first purchase at their booth. Kiri, I am still getting comment on the coat. Kent and Marc, thank you for your patience and hospitality at your Rigby booth, but Clara is going to make my life miserable until she gets "her" new rifle.

I am very grateful to everyone at the DSC for organizing this event for us and to all the vendors for their displays. We had a wonderful time thanks to all for your hard work.

I would also like to see the booths a little more organized by categories. However, I realize planning it that way and executing it that way are 2 very different tasks. Besides, part of the fun was wandering around just seeing what "grabs our attention". We truly appreciated the well placed "watering holes".

We really enjoyed the Life Member Breakfast. It was an honor to hear the words of Chris Kyle. As a former SF guy and military retiree, it was a pleasure to hear the words of such an humble hero. No chest beating or selling out his unit, just an honorable man sharing a piece of his story.

Hope to see you all next year! Clara and I plan to start every year at the DSC Convention.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat:

Don't knock silicon ladies (silicone is a lubricant like in WD-40 -- but don't try to use it on the ladies). But I didn't see many of them hawking the auctions this year -- they kept that off to the side. Kind of missed that. It's always nice when an attractive young lady approaches an old f**t like me for any reason.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
It was an honor to hear the words of Chris Kyle.

I imagine that was his last public appearance...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I certainly regret not attending that breakfast.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Dogcat:

Don't knock silicon ladies (silicone is a lubricant like in WD-40 -- but don't try to use it on the ladies). But I didn't see many of them hawking the auctions this year -- they kept that off to the side. Kind of missed that. It's always nice when an attractive young lady approaches an old f**t like me for any reason.

A friend of mine has a tee shirt that reads:

"Yes, these are fake...because my real ones tried to kill me."

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a DSC exhibitor and member since the Hyatt Hotel / Airport days. Those were the conventions where the booths seldom closed and you took another drink just so you had courage to soldier on thru the next wave.
I have seen us grow from a hundred or so exhibitors to what we are today.
As an exhibitor I have come away with all type results... the good,the bad and the ugly.
This years show was the best ever. The show continues to get better each year. There were tons of people and maybe you thought fewer because the aisles were made wider this year and what a pleasure that was for all of us walking around.
My hat is off again to all the volunteers,the DSC staff and I thank all of you for attending the convention.
Thanks for making it the best ever for Hunters Headquarters and Tuffpak cases.
It was super to see / visit will old friends and make new friends.
I did not come home with any money as I gave it all to Ralf Martini for a new mini falling block in 223. I always do my best to keep the money circulating.
Better tomorrows to all and see you in 2014 I hope.
Mims

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote