THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Interesting Article By Kevin Robertson In TAR
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Interesting Article By Kevin Robertson In TAR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

This toad guy is a poser who does not have a degree in physics (likely not anything else for that matter), and swallows the Garrett B.S. hook, line and sinker. Wet newspaper! How many times does that crap need to be debunked? Could this fellow be a friend or relative of the famous R.G.?

Once again, 500grains resorts to name-calling. Nothing to contribute to the discussion. Is it so difficult for you to believe that a person with a degree in Physics could actually have an interest in this topic? Do you see a degree in Physics as something so rare? Is it really "Physics envy" that is rearing its ugly head? Just to get down to a level you understand, Is your name 500grains because that is the weight of your brain? Please, just toggle me off. You are tiresome.

For you, I have no regard

Posts: 321 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norbert......I wonder if you could take another look at article in The Accurate Rifle magazine with the purpose of finding an alternate answer to his findings.

His ancetodal "evidence" appears to show better penetration under the conditons he reports but could it be the result of other factors he hasn't considered such as incomplete observations, lack of a controlled testing protocol, etc.

Please don't take this as doubting your findings or as a challenge, but I would really like a more complete understanding of what he observed.

Thank you and I hope you continue to vist and post on AR.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DAMN!! I need asprin after reading all this

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A high velocity projectile, remaining stable, and nondeforming, will always penetrate farther than a low velocity projectile of the same attributes.

Looking back at the first page and reading your posts, TankerToad, there is no question in my mind that you are unaccountable in physics, whether you have a degree or not.

I think you not only have been exposed as a Troll, and a fool, but I believe you starve inside for recognition.

I will read this post, but will not respond to your starving nature to be recognized.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

A high velocity projectile, remaining stable, and nondeforming, will always penetrate farther than a low velocity projectile of the same attributes.

Looking back at the first page and reading your posts, TankerToad, there is no question in my mind that you are unaccountable in physics, whether you have a degree or not.

I think you not only have been exposed as a Troll, and a fool, but I believe you starve inside for recognition.

I will read this post, but will not respond to your starving nature to be recognized.

Well, Smallfry,
Exposed by whom? You and your pal 500grains? Someone who doesn't know me from a bag of a**holes? Unfortunately, I have sunk to the level of you and 500grains. It must be true, that we are known by the company we keep. Were I a "troll", whatever that is in the context of an internet forum, I would consider that a complement, compared to several of the denizens of this board. The following little gem you posted might even be true, if you could prove it. Thus spake Smallfry: "A high velocity projectile, remaining stable, and nondeforming, will always penetrate farther than a low velocity projectile of the same attributes." Do your magic 458 mags, 458 Lotts, 416 Rigbys, etc., "always remain stable and nondeforming"? That's the problem. They apparently don't at the higher velocities, you bozo. I know it's hard, but try to follow along. By the way, judging from your sentence construction and ability to follow a logical train of thought, I seriously question your and 500grains' educational levels. Geeze.

Posts: 321 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Alf,

I'm out of here too, except that I thought you were already labeled a troll.

All will be forgiven if you post some pics of that original 500 Jeffery that you probably stole from somebody. I saw the pic in Magnum. I sincerely appreciate the fact that there is someone with the bucks to keep these nearly unique rifles from slipping into obscurity. If you do post some pics please do so in a separate topic so as not to be lost in his twaddle of arguments.

Of course, I reserve the right to disagree with you on everything else.

Posts: 19313 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So the finality of all this lies somewhere betwixt and between, moderation is the answer to all balistic arguements....Yaw, is mere a term used by Texans to issue an invitation.."Yaw, come on over, ya hear"

Posts: 41840 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember the FBI test several years ago that proved in many different mediums that a 10mm at 1200 or 1300'/sec pentetrated the same as the same bullet weight going 950'/sec. Many here has stated that speeds above 2600'/sec or so limited pentetration so there may be something like two ranges of speed that give similar results. Ex. 2400'/sec and 1600'/sec in the same caliber using hard cast lead. Lead is a lube Yaw know.