Notify
Tools

Giving Back
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted
The wife and I recently returned from our safari
in RSA. Will post a hunting report shortly.
We did got to a Children's Home with School supplies, Medicine , T-Shirts from a local college and stuffed animals from a church group and some addl. cash from us as well.

All these children are abused or abandoned by the parents.And now are wards of the state.Many photos of that and of a game park ( sorry to busy to seperate)
I must say some of these kids broke our hearts that we could not do more for them.
Enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Do...rica2009Compilation#

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I have always thought that you are a great guy EJ. This confirms it.

Great photos. The little gal zipping the puppy into her sweater made for quite a picture.

Keep up the good work!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful joy to experience...by sharing your love and care and generosity!!!

It says a lot about you and your wife and I give you both a very heartfelt applaud!

"HEARTS of GOLD"

The EMOTION of the gesture was not only positive for the kids there and staff but I know for both you and your wife as well!!!

Right on brother!

Aloha!

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Ed,

I know that you have also long ago discovered the pleasure to be enjoyed from just 'giving'! Keep up the good work!

I just LOVE the blue wildebeest. thumb What a trophy! Yea, I know he does not measure up well for Roland Ward, but he was a real fighter! knifeSee how bluntly worn the broken horn is and how sharp the left horn? Thhat is from fighting for a long time with only one full horn.

Can't wait for your hunt report.

Keep well my friend.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Great pics & great actions....... good on you buddy! thumb

Mind you, I'm glad I didn't have to pick up the excess baggage tab on that lot! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
How we were not charged extra for the baggage remains a mystery to me.
The sad part was it looked like a lot when packing up and looked real puny when unpacking.
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Andrew , so sorry we did not get a chance to call you and Thanks for the comments on "Stumpy" The minute I saw him , I told Pieter he was mine. The teeth were completely worn and he had been thru the mill , a true trophy to me.

EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ej... Great to hear! You wouldnt' believe me if i told you how many times "no charges" and the like happened to us... Your intentions were rewarded!

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a great feeling to take and distribute items to needy children in Africa. My wife and I enjoyed that as much or more than the hunt of our last Safari. Congratulations on your efforts!

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Makes one smile. There is still a lot of good out there. But good doesn't sell...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EJ - I noticed the bags were SCI Blue Bags if not mistaken? What Chapter do you belong to?

I know what you mean by it seems so little once you are there, but every bit is sorely needed and appreciated. Our two SCI Blue Bags, we took to Moz last month seemed slight upon arrival, but the school supplies and medical supplies will do a lot of good for these kids.

Great work and looking forward to your hunt report.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
This is also what we were part of in Namibia with Agarob Safaris.

http://sections.lancasteronline.com/local/18/Outdoors
Safari of a Lifetime is the title.

We went there to arrange his dip/pack and shipping agent. I got to hunt with him twice and we had a blast.

EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ej:

I must say some of these kids broke our hearts that we could not do more for them.
Enjoy.

You,sir, are a very kind man and I wish there are more like you.Thank you for sharing.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote