THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Coolest thing you had made from your animal, other than a trophy mount
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolest thing you had made from your animal, other than a trophy mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Made a fly whisk from the tail of a Nyassa wildebeest...Ain't no flies in my house, although I caught one following me down the street the other day, but it looks cool... Wink

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
Here's a double shot of my two favorite things:

The table I put my tusks in and the gun slip Murray made with the elephant leather.

That soft rifle case is the nicest I've ever seen.I'am having one made out of cow leather that is very similar to yours and is nearly complete.Where did you get the leather dyed?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vandyboy,
Would you tell us who made the sjamboks and pencil holder for you?

One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
The Wildlife Gallery did my mounts from my '08 trip to Zimbabwe. They made the Sjamboks and pencil holder as well. They also made some very nice pillows from some of the back skins as well.

Jeff

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Murray Custom Leather made the case.

But the skin was imported as a salted hide from Africa and tanned and dyed at Specialty Leather Processors.

I put the tusks in the table and built the caps myself, I'm afraid as you see it there is no way it would have made it being shipped in a crate.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
quote:
what is the coolest thing you had made from one of your [...] trophies, other than a mount/rug?

Hungry people's belly full.

That's a winner. me, too.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
Eish there is some nice things guys have a look at this site

http://www.gametan.co.za/

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post