New
Find
Notify
Tools

Croc Bites off Zim Man's Junk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I guess crocodiles do like nuts. I had always been told they were carnivores.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Crocodile Bites Off Part Of Elderly Man's Testicles In Zimbabwe; Jonah Maturure Survives Attack

A 70-year-old man from Zimbabwe narrowly escaped a crocodile attack as he crossed the Chivake River with his pants off -- but he lost part of his testicles and suffered a few broken bones in the melee.

Jonah Maturure told the Sunday News that he'd taken off his trousers and put them in a tomato box above his head before he crossed the river. He'd crossed the same spot in the same river several times before, but this time, a giant croc was waiting for him.

"I was not suspecting anything ... But when I was almost in the middle of the river I was attacked," he told the news website. "It mauled a chunk of my buttocks before attacking my manhood, tearing my testicles into shreds. The skin covering my manhood was partly torn but I quickly put my thumb in its mouth ... It then grabbed my hand and I could hear my bones cracking."

Realizing that he wasn't going to save his personal possessions, he threw his tomato box in the river, The Sun reported.

That move may have saved his life.

The beast loosened its death grip and swam straight for the tomato box. Maturure escaped, bleeding profusely from his nethers, and ran to a nearby house for help.

The battle was just one of a string of crocodile attacks recently in Gutu, an area with a spread-out population of just 78 people per mile.
------------------------------------------------

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! That MUST HAVE HURT! Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
at 70, he didn't lose anything he was going to need.... homer

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about that! We've had U.S. Supreme Court Justices, U.S. Senators and others that were still breeding at that age or older with young wives! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Gary Busey too I think.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Speak for yourselves boys, I plan on using mine till the very end! Roll Eyes

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Must not have hurt too bad it said he "ran" to a nearby house.

Don't know how much running I would be able to do in that situation!

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 884 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn.....just damn........

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Damn.....just damn........

+1 rotflmo

real glad I dont have this problem. Roll Eyes

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
A 70-year-old man from Zimbabwe narrowly escaped a crocodile attack as he crossed the Chivake River with his pants off -- but he lost part of his testicles and suffered a few broken bones in the melee.

How is that narrowly escaping?

I wonder if the outcome would have been more in his favor had he left his pants on...

Poor old bugger. Frowner

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:
at 70, he didn't lose anything he was going to need.... homer

I am truly sorry you are having that problem.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not 70..... archer

Birmingham, Al

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not 70..... archer

Would you like to ask someone who is 75 if your opinion is right about that? Big Grin

................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not 70..... archer

Now that we know that, the rest of us are sorry that you are having that problem... Big Grin

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
yuck rotflmo dancing

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tough crowd..... flame

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DTala...I'll have to admit you sorta stepped right into that one.

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beats me how he survived such an attack! Tough old geezer!

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who went to one of those resorts where they feed tame sting rays.

Apparently one of the larger stingrays took a fancy to him, and kept sort of sucking at his leg.

It then took all his crown jewels into its mouth!

He had us rolling on the floor as he related the story to us.

"...I said to the man it got my ahh....my ahh ...you know, it is MOUTH! He said don't worry it will let go. There is nothing to worry about. But I was worried as it was getting VERY painful!"

Apparently it took 2 assisstants to get it off, and he was all blue and swollen down there!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was it Walter? Big Grin We need a new Walter story!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Moja:
I guess crocodiles do like nuts. I had always been told they were carnivores.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Crocodile Bites Off Part Of Elderly Man's Testicles In Zimbabwe; Jonah Maturure Survives Attack

Jonah Maturure told the Sunday News that he'd taken off his trousers and put them in a tomato box above his head before he crossed the river. He'd crossed the same spot in the same river several times before, but this time, a giant croc was waiting for him.

"I was not suspecting anything ... But when I was almost in the middle of the river I was attacked," he told the news website. "It mauled a chunk of my buttocks before attacking my manhood, tearing my testicles into shreds. The skin covering my manhood was partly torn but I quickly put my thumb in its mouth ... It then grabbed my hand and I could hear my bones cracking."

Realizing that he wasn't going to save his personal possessions, he threw his tomato box in the river, The Sun reported.

That move may have saved his life.

The beast loosened its death grip and swam straight for the tomato box. Maturure escaped, bleeding profusely from his nethers, and ran to a nearby house for help.

The battle was just one of a string of crocodile attacks recently in Gutu, an area with a spread-out population of just 78 people per mile-------------------------------

Ouch a lot!!!!

Posts: 115 | Location: Sparta (where else?) | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
man, i thought i was haveing a bad day. hearing about some poor guy getting his nuts snapped off by a croc kinda makes me better about my situation.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure it was a croc and not a cockodile? I hear that is a separate species.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have a friend who went to one of those resorts where they feed tame sting rays.

Apparently one of the larger stingrays took a fancy to him, and kept sort of sucking at his leg.

"...I said to the man it got my ahh....my ahh ...you know, it is MOUTH! He said don't worry it will let go. There is nothing to worry about. But I was worried as it was getting VERY painful!"

Apparently it took 2 assisstants to get it off, and he was all blue and swollen down there!

I am speechless and wordless!
I am glad I was not that guy.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
So Kathi somehow missed this one? Smiler

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13627 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I think this would fall under the category of "What happens at resorts, stays at resorts"! Their had to be witnesses that told on him!

Wish I could have been there while he was telling the story as I am sure all were in tears and rolling on the floor.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 884 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote