New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spielberg Shot A Triceratops!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Saw this on another site. Makes me sad to think that there are people out there who are that stupid.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
The gene pool is taking a big knock, there are just too many wankers out there! Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the spaceship Elvis is travelling around on will swoop down & pick them up.
Sure don't need the breeding! (stupid people not the Triceratops)

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And people wonder how the world got into the shape it's in. 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That can't be a real FB post? It's a prank on the anti's?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was definitely a prank.
But how many people were stupid enough to believe it was for real?
Sounds like something for April 1st on AR.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would actually be really funny, if it wasn't so sad.

Bake

Posts: 113 | Location: Hills of SW MO | Registered: 04 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Like I said on the other post dealing with this, Butch Searcy told me that he had actually made Spielberg two working Searcy double rifles for the movie and another rubber-like dummy rifle. Steve should have had at least one of the doubles in the pic! LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Like I said on the other post dealing with this, Butch Searcy told me that he had actually made Spielberg two working Searcy double rifles for the movie and another rubber-like dummy rifle. Steve should have had at least one of the doubles in the pic! LOL!

The problem I had with that whole DR thing in the movie was, they went a LONG way out of their way to portray hunters as badly as they possibly could.

Just a sign of the times I guess

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Actually Steve wanted the rifles asap and Butch made it a priority to get them built. But when it came time to deliver, Steve told Butch that he would be paid in the regular course like all other vendors for the movie. Butch(as only Butch can do)told Spielberg that if he wanted the doubles he would be paying for them before delivery. The rifles were paid for first and then delivered by Butch. Big Grin Butch said that Spielberg kept one of the doubles for himself. Not sure, or can't recall,(most likely) what happened with the other one.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
In bygone days, natural selection thinned the human herd of such morons.

Nowadays, it seems, the stupidest live the longest and have the most children.

The species is doomed!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

The problem I had with that whole DR thing in the movie was, they went a LONG way out of their way to portray hunters as badly as they possibly could.

Just a sign of the times I guess

Best line in the movie....Roland Tembo (PH) - "Oh, you're breaking my heart. Come on! Saddle up, let's get this moveable feast under way!"

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
I blame all the Health and Safety people for not letting nature take its course and kill off the dumb ones. Smiler

The gene pool seriously needs more chlorine.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Hey, that is a Bird beaked rhino! Very rare!

If you look carefully you can see vestigial "feathers" proving that it could fly at one time. Wink

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I showed it to my 6-year-old son, and he said it was fake, because triceratops went extinct millions of years ago.

I asked him if he recognized the picture and he said "Jurassic Park."

some people think less critically than a six year old.