New
Find
Notify
Tools

Very Strange Bullet Behavior
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When hunting in Matetsi I put a second shot into the chest area of a buffalo bull lying on the ground. The Barnes flat nosed solid was found in his back knee after penetrating the chest and body it went all the way down his back leg... we think...

Posts: 41 | Location: south africa | Registered: 02 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I split a Woodly soft from a .470 on a Buffalos teeth, half the bullet went down his lower teeth, out the back of his jaw, back into his shoulder and into his lung and the other half went down his gullet and was recovered in his lungs more or less and two shchards went under into the skin on the off side, it was jacket parts..It didn't kill him but it thoroughly and quickly pissed him off, my second shot brained him at about 5 or 6 yards and he slide on his nose to my clients feet and buried him in dirt up to the top of his boots, The PHs double was jammed big time. the client hit the buff two or three times, all killing shots but not working this fine day.. Well it was a rush and we all enjoyed the hunt over supper and discussed it until tha early hours of morning over some fine wine, beer and high dollar scotch..The scotch almost killed me, tasted like keroscene..The drunk consenses was its a good thing I killed the bull because I was the one who started the damn fight in the first place, at which time I mumbled something crude and went to bed listening to rude laughter!! I decided that the size of the gun didn't always matter and I would be better learning how to shoot.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote