Find
Notify
Tools

Uganda?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
My niece is in the Peace Corps in southern Uganda, and we are going to try and visit her in February. Are there still hunting opportunities there? How about fishing or other activities? All suggestions are appreciated.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
This might make a good read, if you haven't seen it:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4141084032

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the hunting continues as it is now, Uganda is on my go to list.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the looks of it I can't think of another African hunting country that has progressed as much in the past 5 to 10 years as Uganda. Mozambique would be 2nd.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the hunt reports. Great report on a recent hunt there. Talked to that outfitter at DSC. It's on my bucket list.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your niece is in Uganda and you want to go hunting... I mean visit her there. Go uncle go. And I thought it was just me! Always worth looking when you are travelling half way around the world!

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GO GO GO
Here's a link to my report http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/9651030922

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I have a sister in law & BIL there and I pan to visit them in the next 8 weeks hopefully.

Is it possible for locals to get hunting permits?

I have been in touch with a PH / outfitter who offered to take me out for some small antelope but the basic costs of a foreigner hunting there are not small.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11210 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on safari in February there this year. I highly recommend you visit Uganda. Lots of hunting, fishing and sight seeing opportunities. The hunting isn't cheap but worth every penny.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote