New
Find
Notify
Tools

BY THE DAWNS EARLY LIGHT
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got up this morning and stood looking out at my pastures with the mountains behind them and it dawned on me, that like a lot of Americans I have been taking a lot for granite....

It also dawned on me that I didn't even have an American Flag..you know the liberals think anyone with a flag is a "flag waver", I guess thats a term for a radical and I didn't want to be know as a radical...

Wrong!! I'm going to get a flag and fly it high tomarrow (todays Sunday)and the liberal faction can kiss ole spot, most of them spent Korea in Canada smoking pot anyway so why did I let them deter me, its called being "politically correct", another term I have come to abhor...

I, like many Americans, have become soft and wallowed in apathy...I forgot what the word "patronism" ment in the real since of the word and the memory of why millions of Americans died on the battle fields of the world, some of them my kin..I have taken freedom for granite and for this I will be punished and rightfully so. I will lose more freedoms because I let them go by the wayside..

This week will change all our lives forever, and in some ways, for the better..This is the grandest country in the world and I have visited them all.these criminals have violated all that is sacred to me and have killed my brothers and sisters. Today I feel like a "born again American" I remember Pearl Harbor, but I forgot it. This time I won't forget, and I will demand justice from thoes that lead us and I will demand "patrotism" from all who live here. I won't blame this nation for its past mistakes as some on this board have chosen to do. I'm sure they are many, for our leaders are no less than human. I will only hold them responsible for the future.

May God have mercy on us for what we are about to do and mercy on thoes that have done so unto us...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Amen!

It's not going to be easy, and surely won't be quick, but I truly believe the gov't actually means what it is saying. I hope and pray there will be enough citizens out there with some guts to stay the course and see this through. Our military and secret service need our support 100% to hunt down and kill every last one of those no good sons of bitches.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well said guys.
Ray, I wish you luck in finding a flag. Like you, my workplace had forgotten its' flag. As of Friday, we couldn't find any. Luckily I found a spare at home. It won't be the biggest, but it will be flying.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Hunter - DownUnder>
posted
My condolances to our American friends. We too have lost people in this act of terrorism and it is remarkable to see so many stars and stripes flying half mast in Sydney, along side our Australian flag.
I can assure you that the thoughts of all Australians are with those who have suffered in the U.S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Americans know that Australia has always been with us, in war and peace from the beginning...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<10point>
posted
Ray even before this had happened we had already lost 3 of our guy's so far this year. Well, 2 actually, but the third is brain dead from a rifle shot to the head when he, and two fed's, were trying to serve a warrant.

Between that, and all this, I realize just how much ive been given, how lucky ive been.

Your words ring true, in many way's. If there is any good from all this maybe it will be that Americans have to accept that "a price has to be paid" for all we have. Who know's what that price may be ? We might have to give up a child to our Nation's defense ; We might have to give up some of our freedom's ; A suburban soccer mom might have to understand that we might have to destroy a country in order to save our own ; Many of us just might have to give up some afflunce...........

Who know's what it will be.....But we will all have to pay a price.

Thats why the WWll generation won, because they were willing to pay that price , and , they were willing to say that the Country's good was more important then their's.

I honestly dont know if this country is up to it anymore. I hope it is but I dont know.

I wish there were more that felt like you do......take care.........10

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
I live in a very LIBERAL New England town. I have to tell you, since Friday everyone is flying the Stars and Stripes. They are on my mailbox, my street sign, the front of my house. One of my most liberal neighbors was hanging his flag when I walked by the other day and he said: "I guess I ain't no more Flower Child" I suspect all over America, a new patriotism is awakening. This ex-liberal (no I never went to Canada in the 70s) has had his 5X8ft American flag flying in front of his house since the 80s. Being liberal did not mean I was not an American!

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you may find some pull out flags in your news paper because of the flag shortage...

if you need to get a flag from the manufacturer i should have a site to post w/in a few days

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
In the part of L.A. where I (unfortunately) live, I would say 10% of all cars are now adorned with our flag - and the percent is growing daily. They are available on almost every street corner. The Daily News is printing a full page color flag on the back page of about every other issue.

Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
This will truly be the final test of our metal as Americans...We can talk the talk, now we have to walk the walk...

There will always be thoes who back peddle and squirm, and display their true character, lets hope they are few.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Americans All,

Here in little New Zealand hanging down under at the bottom of this earth we remembered your tragically fallen brothers & sisters ...

This past weekend at all our nationally televised "rugby games" there was a minutes silence in memoriam ... and today ALL our fire firefighters in the capitol city of Wellington turned out on parade in full uniform to offer their condolances and heartfelt respect ... we noted that more firefighters lost their lives in NY city than our entire Wellington contingent on parade ..... the entrance to the US Embassy in Wellinton is littered with flowers as well ..

God Bless America and her people, and give her courage and strength for the battle ahead

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Last Friday, the Netherlands observed a 3 minute period of silence to show support for the U.S. as well. All trains stopped, traffic pulled to the side of the road, etc. I have received many personal notes, phonecalls, etc, in support of the U.S. also. No one wants a third world war, but many realize it may have already been started. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Spike>
posted
Peter- your post put a lump in my throat and a mist in my eyes. Thank you to you and your countrymen for weeping with us, it's reassuring knowing most of the world is a faithful ally and feels our pain.

one of us
posted Hide Post
here's that link i promised. Should give you links to all sorts of flag manufacturers.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8987/manufac.htm#usa

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<magua>
posted
We, Canadians, Are not known to be flag wavers or even know all the words to our national anthem. but since the attack what a kick in the ass we got. You always thought that stuff happened on another part of the planet but when it happens to your neighbour, friend and brother and sister it changes you.Canadian flags as well as American flags can not be kept in stock here as both fly on homes here in Winnipeg, side by side. And whether it be services for the fallen or tributes to my American friends at the football game it seemed like everyone knew the words to both anthems. Proud to be a Canadian and your friend.

one of us
Picture of DRB
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I was in Napier, South Africa when these tragic events unfolded last week. What I can tell you is that I had about 10 of my local friends who sat through the night in my lounge watching everything unravel.

Everyone of them, was shocked and angered by these events and mentioned their unwavering support for any action which the USA may take in eradicating the scum who perpetrated these actions from the earth.

Notwithstanding being a South African, on my return to the USA yesterday, the first thing I did was to erect a USA flag outside my office here in LA.

Rest assured, the whole civilized world is behind you!

------------------
Regards
Dave

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post

My unwavering sympathy and support

------------------
Peter
Balla Balla Safaris

... africa is in my soul .. my heart bleeds for africa ..

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<10point>
posted
TRhanks for all the support guy's. I think I can speak for all the Yank's here in saying that we appreciate it at this time.........10

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
and in the words of a great American it ain't over til its over or until the fal lady sings.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com