Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Scrotums!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted
Jorge just posted that he had a dice cup made from a buffalo scrotum. What a novel idea. I have a buffalo backskin and scrotum as well. What else have the readers used scroti for? I need some other ideas. Thanks in advance.

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey, I felt the buff's ball-bag were a point of reference between him and us naval aviator types! Smiler The other suggestion from the taxidermist was a draw string bag to put er..do-dads in like recovered bullets.

My wife declined my offer to have a small purse crafted. Go figure...jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
My buddy's getting his made into a dice cup. I'm getting one made into a pen holder. Can't wait for someone to ask about it.

'My, that's unique. Funny, it feels familiar. I can't seem to place where I've felt this before..."

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
how about a bowl for nuts?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Friends of mine put sheep (Stone and bighorn) scrotii on their saddle horns. I saved the scrote from my big Stone but it was lost at the tannery! (arghh!!!).

I intend to save a cape buff scrote or two...not sure what I will do with them yet.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my Stne Sheep tanned and made into a draw bag for extra lens on my spotting scope.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once I guided a lady client. When she got her impala ram she was very interested in its scrotum. The trophy was less important...

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had one made into a nice velvet lined purse for the other half...

Brett

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:

Now that was funny!! clap

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bulldog563:

I think the Buffalo already thought of that.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm doing the pen holder from my buff's.

BTW, you can take a deer scrotum, put salt (or preferably borax) on the inside and stretch it over the shift knob in your car. Hold it in place with a coupla rubber bands until it dries. Nice and fuzzy. Oh, and quite a conversation piece when a friend drives and asks about the cool leather shift knob cover as he/she shifts the gears Smiler .

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I turned mine into a beer coozy. I used another one and wrapped it around a real foam coozy and did the same with some Zebra skins.

Drink up!

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Mine is being made into a draw bag. I have a bison bag as well, made into a draw bag, and I use it with my mountain man activities here in the West.

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Shumba wears his over his own. Says it helps with chaffing.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Novel idea. A replacement for the jock strap?

One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
How about a coin pouch or tobacco pouch with a draw string.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

Yeah, but the string around the waist and wearing it to the dinner table was just making us...I don't know, UNCOMFORTABLE?

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch!! Sounds like something the Chippendale boys would wear here in the States.

posted Hide Post
I had one made into a pencil holder. It's a unique addtion to your office's desk!

Good hunting,
Jim

Posts: 48 | Location: Helvetia, Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, what about canes out of the penis? I have one out of my bison. Didn't have one made out of the buff, but do they do that as well? It's quite a conversation piece, especially with the ladies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kinda like Cunningham's idea but put all your recovered bullets in it. People will ask what the bag is made of. Eland scrotums are neat for weird curios also.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Where'd you think I got the idea? Big Grin

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The real question is whether the plural is scrota? Big Grin animal

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
That's funny... I kept my two and have yet to make them into something more than a ball warmer.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
The real question is whether the plural is scrota? Big Grin animal

Plural of "scrotum" is indeed "scrota" but "scrotums" is also used, and preferred over Canuck's version. Wink

"Scrotum" is a variant of the Latin "scrautum" meaning "quiver" as in archery pouch that holds arrows. From arrows to nuts. Ho hum.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Oryx scrotums make a pretty nice beer sleeve.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
Boxing gloves. Some opponents may take getting beaten with two ball sacks a little personally.

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N'gagi:
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

Yeah, but the string around the waist and wearing it to the dinner table was just making us...I don't know, UNCOMFORTABLE?

Dry it hard like the dice cup, and use it as an armor for your own equipment if you have to follow up on a wounded Leopard! especially if you choose a 12 ga, with buck shot!

That is one Capstick didn't include in his Leopard kit! clap

jumping thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TJ ----- Our bunch of Elk hunters have been making "Beer Huggies" or "Beer Sleeves" if you will from our Bull Elk Scrotums for years. I also made one from my Alaskan Yukon Moose. We have an Elk Hunters Bonfire each year in january and Bar-B-Q Elk ribs and any other wildgame we might have from the previous falls hunt. You would not beleave the "Wildgame related items" that make an appearance at this get together. For some reason I was brain dead and didn't think about my Buffalo Sctotum from the Selous. wave bewildered beer Good shooting

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kudu4u
posted Hide Post
What a bunch of great responses. Thanks all! Hope more keep coming.

"In these days of mouth-foaming Disneyism......"--- Capstick
Don't blame the hunters for what the poachers do!---me

Benefactor Member NRA

Posts: 477 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tobacco pouch. Just like the character from John Steinbeck's Travels with Charly. Except that was from a squaw's breast.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Shumba must be on vacation. I can't believe he hasn't made a rebuttal....or maybe he's coming over in person.

Mark Jackson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have paper clips in an Eland bag on my desk. I was told Buffalo don't have swizzle sticks.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
A zebra scrotum will keep your scrotum warm on the coldest of days. At least the zebra can rest in peace knowing his sack is still in use.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N'gagi:
Shumba wears his over his own. Says it helps with chaffing.

Yes I do and yes they do.

The only problem was the first one wasn't big enough so I had to go back to Zim to shoot a 2nd buffalo. Now I have two sewn together and it seems to be a much better fit.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
That's because you need to stop shooting the baby ones. MY buff's scrotum is a shower cap.

Mark Jackson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my buff bag made into a black powder possibles bag and donated it to the front stuffers group at my club for fund raiser. Thanks for all the other ideas. Think I'll do something with the next one.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Here is the Scrotum from one of my buffalo:

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, what about canes out of the penis? I have one out of my bison. Didn't have one made out of the buff, but do they do that as well?

UEG

I made one out of my Cape Buffalo, it hands with the rest of my canes, the carved ones....

My giraffe is coming back with the hide, cape and bones, I'll make one out of that one too.

I made a cane from a herford bull for my step father, he took it to Florida and showed it to the ladies plying tennis, they didn't believe it was from a bull herford!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
While in high school I worked summers for a large animal Veterinarian. Once when castrating black angus calves I saved a scrotum and made it into a cover for the gear shift knob on my "Four on the floor" Karmann Ghia. After some use the hair wore off around the edges leaving a ring of dark shiny skin with a tuft of black hair in the middle. Young ladies would repeatedly ask what was on my shifter knob and I would put them off until the mystery had grown to sizable proportion. I would then choose a time when they had their hand on the shifter knob to inform them as to its origins. The reactions, in addition to occasionally being amusing in and of themselves, had some predictive value as to the outcome of the evenings activties.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote