Ballantyne Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Being a Hunting Outfitter myself, I have never used them. However I feel oblidged to mention that way back in 1982, when I just started out as a Hunting Outfitter, Howard Ballantyne was, by far, the most helpfull of the few 'old hands' that I then contacted for advice and sharing information. He then acted as a 'perfect gentleman', and, although his sons now probably run the business, I still think you will be well looked after!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello - I used them in 2004 booking through Northwoods Adventures. My hunt was a package hunt in East Cape Province and I took many trophy animals as well as some cull animals and the trip was great and everything was very very good. If you go make sure you practice ypour shooting because you will get a lot of longer shots if you care to take them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Good reviews will make dropping the coin easier if I do decide to.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted with a large group with Russ Field Safaris. Charles Ballantyne helped him out. Charles was our PH. We hunted his ranch for 2 days which was loaded with game. Accomodations were top notch as was the staff. Charles was on top of his game when it came to locating animals.He made our African trip a wonderful experience. Out of 13 clients, we had the most game.. 22 animals between us.

Posts: 59 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 08 July 2009Reply With Quote