New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my raw footage today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally got my raw footage today from my October hunt at Sango. I am excited to see it.

I have looked at a little of it. This might make a pretty darn good DVD.

I did notice that I ain't looking any younger!

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Larry!!! I enjoyed the last couple videos you sent me. I really appreciated seeing them adn they were well done. I am sure this one will turn out well also.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

As long as your GF ani't I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Many Thanks

HBH old

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I did notice that I ain't looking any younger!

Neither is Sean Connery but that hasn't hurt his appeal with the women!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My eyes are getting older anyhow so I guess that kinda matches.
Co incidence in that I was reviewing your last two DVD's earlier this week . Can't wait for the next release.
Thanks and Merry Xmas to you.

Posts: 463 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett:

It is a requirement that they have to be younger than me. I recon 12 years younger ain't that bad.

I am reviewing more footage. It is amazing the details that one forgets. The footage reminds me.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awesome Larry!!! I enjoyed the last couple videos you sent me. I really appreciated seeing them adn they were well done. I am sure this one will turn out well also.

+1

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Brett:

It is a requirement that they have to be younger than me. I recon 12 years younger ain't that bad.

I am reviewing more footage. It is amazing the details that one forgets. The footage reminds me.

Do you ever feel like they are in the way or change the hunt in any way?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
If you stop having birthdays you are in real trouble...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frostbit:

Not at all. I totally ignore the camera.

Mike:

No doubt!

The talked about the pigs again at the GC taken with the 450. We have to do it again!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry

Atta Boy! Oh and the DVD of your hunts are always great.

I don't expect to have mine until Vegas,so color me green with envy on mulitple levels.

Many Thanks

Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry, that would make her what....70? :-)

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I am not sure what your raw footage was shot in. HD or SD.

If it was in HD, may I suggest you try and make an Bluray out of it.

The results can be amazing compared to a normal DVD.

Our this year's safari we have made three versions of our hunt.

One in Bluray, one in normal DVD, and one for those who wanted a 720P version - this about half way quality wise between Bluray and DVD.

Any AR memeber who wishes to get a copy please send me a PM with what version you would prefer.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68614 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I should never have started watching these DVD's. I caught myself breathing hard in a few areas, particularly the leopard and the elephant. I will never sleep tonight. On the other hand, I don't sleep anyway.

Some of the footage is particularly good. The elephant is probably the best. The bullet impact can be clearly seen. Classic frontal brain shot. The trunk goes way up. The real end collapses. Quite spectacular.

The leopard is also extraordinary. The footage of the leopard in the tree is incredible. One can clearly see the missing front foot and how it impact the leopard's movements. Extremely sad actually. The poor buggar was really suffering.

The most disappointing footage was the buffalo with the 18 inch bosses. When I shot, it was behind some bushes from the cameraman's angle. The buff probably runs 15 feet before he is done.

Before watching the footage, I would have sworn I shot the buff twice, the second being an insurance shot. Upon review of the film, I actually shot 3 times, although he was clearly done after the first shot.

Saeed, I will get them to work on the Blueray. That sounds good.

Biebs:

That would make her 87! Of course, I will not say that to her. LOL! Women do not see the humor in that. She was complaining tonight about being fat. 5'5". 108 pounds. Go figure.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see them . . . . The video and the GF! Wink

Vegas baby.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on the directors cut!!!

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If my technologically challenged brain can figure out how to do it, I will post a couple of clips next week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,just post the vids and cut the crap. dancing

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote