THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    My Last Hunt. Where to Go and with Whom For Nyala

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Last Hunt. Where to Go and with Whom For Nyala
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentleman:
This will be my last hunt in Africa.(getting old)I would like to hunt a GOOD Nyala. I want a very good P.H. and no young up start. Had my fill of them. My question is ,Who and Where.
And i am not rich.
Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Paul, I have a PH I think you will like. I will PM you.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Hands down, Natal if you want a good trophy bull. Your odds are increased by their numbers and they are indigenous to Natal. Every client I have sent there came home with good trophies, myself included. Contact me if your interested.
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might check out Harloo safaris in Zululand. My wife and I had a very enjoyble hunt with them and they have very nice nyala. If you like to fish they have some great tiger fishing as well.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I would suggest John Harris (500nitro here on AR) with Southern African Safaris. I hunted nyala with John on a beautiful farm in the Natal last September that has native nyala and is un-fenced. John is a very experienced PH and you likely can't beat the price for nyala on that farm if it is still available.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CT Safaris. Chris has produced some monsters at a great price as well. He has a great area in Natal I believe it is.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2nd harloo - good people

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
PM sent

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
In full disclosure-John Harris is a very good friend of mine. I have hunted with John many times for game from elephant to suni. I receive no compensation for recommending him and gladly do so for two reasons. First he is a hell of a PH and second I like to see him able to keep his beautiful wife in the manner she has grown accustomed.

I will second the recommendation of John Harris. You will not find a more professional and organized PH. John is an older and experienced hand and will hunt you to your abilities. His hunts are very reasonable priced and he is a wonderful person to share a hunting camp with. I will guarantee you will have a great hunt and get a shot at a trophy nyala.

If I had one last hunt to Africa, I would want it to be with John.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not Mozambique? It offers a chance to hunt them where they're native, with no stocking (at least that's my understanding), and there are other interesting species available on the same hunt. Not to say anything against RSA, but why not take your last safari in a place that's truly untamed? Dave Fulson and Craig Boddington did a neat hunt with these guys:

http://www.zambezedeltasafaris.com/

About the only downside is price, but "too expensive" is a pretty subjective term, so you'll have to make that determination.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hunted nyala with John on a beautiful farm in the Natal last September that has native nyala and is un-fenced.

That is tough to find!!

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I have a hunt for Nyala booked with Harloo Safaris. Glad to see that JA and butchloc are both recommending them.

Posts: 402 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get a hold of L david Keith he helped me book my hunt with CT Safaris (chris troskie) shot a 28" he was beautiful three of us were hunting and all 3 got really good ones. David can get you hooked up. Stand up guy with not too much BS haha

Posts: 61 | Location: new mexico | Registered: 22 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for sandyhunter, Moz has wild nyala and the Haldane brothers have two Coutadas there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Mark DeWet who post here. He is in Natal and has access to good properties.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mkuze Game Reserve in RSA is going to be hard to beat. Garry Kelly buys most of the nyala on there every year and averages close around 30".

As other have suggested nyala can be hunted unfenced in their natural habitat in Mozambique in a number of locations. Both Bahati and Mokore Safari that I represent offer them.

Here is one I took with Bahati in '09

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 Mkuze with Gary Kelly. Camp and staff were great when I went in '06. Shot a nice 29" nyala, but seeing elephant and rhino fantastic, along with hearing the lions roar at night around the fire. Great place.

Posts: 296 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"...my last hunt..."

What a horrible phrase and idea! Everybody's next hunt MIGHT be their last one, but don't make it true by expecting it to be true. Think positively.

Have a great time on your NEXT hunt!

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like several others, I would highly recommend John Harris, also known as "500nitro" on AR. There are connections to his website in his member profile. Good Hunting!

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Do not kid yourself that this will be the last hunt. Go get your Nyala and a new pair of glasses and a walking stick and I will see you in Luangwa.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at WWW.crusadersafaris.com. Robin and I are booked for a 2012 hunt with Andrew Pringle Crusader Safaris for Nyala and Vaal Rhebok. We meet Andrew at DSC this year and was impressed with his unfenced conservancy in Natal SA. He has areas in the mountains for the Vaal where we will change camps. All of the references checked out excellent. Prices were very reasonable.

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I got a great nyala with Zululand hunters in '08. Their website didn't mention Mavela lodge anymore, so they may not have access to that area anymore.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My two cents worth

You are looking for a older PH, and Nyala

Only one comes up, Tony Tomkinson in Natal,

Old Style Gentleman, with great areas

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of only.375H&H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul K:
Gentleman:
This will be my last hunt in Africa.(getting old)I would like to hunt a GOOD Nyala. I want a very good P.H. and no young up start. Had my fill of them. My question is ,Who and Where.
And i am not rich.
Paul K

I have hunted with a excellent PH in South Africa.
Years ago he had a farm to produce NYALA to sell to hunting farms. Like you i also wanted a good NYALA he found out which farm had still had good animals and there we went....Hunting good traditional old way, walking and stalking.

I am also not reach...

If you are interested, let me know so I can send you his contacts.

Roberto

Please let me know

Work to live...live to Hunt....

Posts: 91 | Location: Angola | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I apologize for not responding sooner. It has been a busy week working, etc. I appreciate all of the responses. Any and all input is appreciated. I will respond to the people who were kind enough to post and PM me later this weekend.

Thank you again.

Paul K

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 756 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
How about recomendations for a archery hunt??

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My outfitter can do an archery Nyala.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never say "last". God might take you up on that statement.

Just say "next", it leaves the door wide open.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote