THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many Africa agents are in the US?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many Africa agents are in the US?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a list or an idea of how many agents that sell African hunts are in the US? Please post names if you wish. I know about the following from activity on AR

Wendell Reich
Adam Clements and Mark Young - Safari Trackers
Clark Jeffs at Safari Outfitters
Ray Atkinson - himself
Achesons in Montana
Aaron Neilson - Global Hunting Resources
Jeff Neal - himself
Bob Kern - Hunters Consortium
Ethiopian Rift - Rich Elliott
Boddington's Partners in Dallas - Safari Classics
Jim Shockey - himself

Who else is out there?

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like just about anyone who's gone to SA once and has a computer.... Wink

Oh;and thinks they can get a hunt for free...

(not knocking true agents,many of whom you listed)

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
I have used Col Bill Williamson at Fair Chase Safaris.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinsdale:

Very true statement.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67051 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safaris and Quilts sofa

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron Oliver - Africa Hunting Safaris

Posts: 146 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 06 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinsdale:

yuck but sadly very true! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My point for the question is that there are about 5000 safari/hunting entities in RSA, there seem to be about 1000 in Namibia, there are about 150 in Zambia, Tanzania and Mozambique, I cannot quite tell how many in Zimbabwe but hazard a guess at 100, there are 4 or 5 in Ethiopia, a handful in Cameroon, Congo and Burkina Faso.

So, by the numbers, I would think that agents would sell a lot of plains game hunts in Namibia and RSA and struggle to sell a lot in the other countries. Also, there may be a lot of agents that sell very few hunts and likely do it part time.

I look at the travel folks and only see about a six or so travel agents that handle the travel to Africa (Garcy, Kathi Klimes, African Odyessey, Falcon, etc. ). I know a lot of hunters book their own travel, but these folks do a lot as well. The margins in travel are next to nothing and they seem to be surviving. So, how can a ton of agents make a living?

I guess I need to go to DSC or Reno and count the agents.

I have no complaint about agents, they provide a great service. I just wonder how many are really out there making a living at this.

Posts: 265 | Location: Hammertown, USA | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vinny - My guess is, fewer of them will be making a living now considering the current economic climate.

Aaron Neilson

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
John Barth and Charley Goldenberg. Good list so far. I'm not sure you need more than what you already have.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the business comes from booking at the two SCI functions, IMHO. That and word of mouth. Why have another mouth to feed?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote