New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shakari/Shakira
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After the lady (ADQUEEN)from the Out of Africa thread called Shakari Shakira, it got me thinking. I have to admit that I didn't think until after I stopped laughing! I decided to search the internet. Look what I found! Seems that our famous PH may have a hobby or maybe a second career.

[URL=
Steve are dance lessons included in the daily rates for your hunts?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Old lord help us...you have really unleashed ddrhook now!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I used to tap dance but gave it up because I kept falling in the sink! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Old lord help us...you have really unleashed ddrhook now!!!

I'm afraid so! sofa

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Larry,

I used to tap dance but gave it up because I kept falling in the sink! off the keg! Wink

I fixed it Steve!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Might be worth taking it up again if I can fall with my head under the tap of keg huh!

beer animal animal animal animal beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ha ha ha

arrrr steve mate "hips dont lie" lol

well done larry, i havent laughed as much since the time i grabbed my mother in laws bits by mistake rotflmo

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Eishhhhhh but I'd better batten down the hatches because I KNOW I'm gonna get some shit here!

jumping

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
yuck
you are in trouble when ddrhook comes on!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Let's not go down the "Would you hunt with a gay PH" road again. Eeker

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt u:
yuck
you are in trouble when ddrhook comes on!

Ain't that the truth..... Wink

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That's him! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Steve, even though I am a 'Philistine' about your singing/poems etc., I would look forward to your performance at, say, one of the evening SCI/Reno functions! Or maybe a show at the 2012 SCI convention in Vegas might really jump start your new career.

Cheers,

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did i hear my name mentioned??? in hushed and reverent tones????????????? animal ya'll make it sound like I would kick someone when there down???????????? shocker :shocker
NOW NOW boys I would not tease someone as well respected and admired in his profession as his HIGHness and you have to undersatnd HE WAS HIGH when he posed for the dancing pictures. or at least thats what he told the nice officer animal as they where loading him in the patty wagon on those totaly untrue and boggass or is that boogy ass Big Grin accusations. and in his defence he was not working in San Fransico at the time animal but there was goats and children involved or was it acting like a goat bewildered

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
sofasofasofasofasofasofasofasofasofasofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve did you wear your leg down dancing!!!!they look to long in the nice picture that Larry posted. or was that your tryout for the band Cinderella jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
No mate, that picture was taken years ago when I was still young and tall and before I wore my legs down to stumps walking after buffalo!

Nowadays, my leg measurement is shorter than my waist measurement and my arse drags on the floor if I don't put my belt under it to hold it up.

animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post

sofa

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Aw c'mon, I'm much better looking in the face than that! Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:
Steve, even though I am a 'Philistine' about your singing/poems etc., I would look forward to your performance at, say, one of the evening SCI/Reno functions! Or maybe a show at the 2012 SCI convention in Vegas might really jump start your new career.

Cheers,

I'm beginning to wish some bugger would fly me to the moon just about now! jumping

As for poetry....... bearing in mind who started this scurrilous rumour can I remind you of Kipling's poem 'The Female Of The Species'

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

The Female of the Species

WHEN the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

When Nag the basking cobra hears the careless foot of man,
He will sometimes wriggle sideways and avoid it if he can.
But his mate makes no such motion where she camps beside the trail.

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.

Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other's tale—
The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Man, a bear in most relations—worm and savage otherwise,—
Man propounds negotiations, Man accepts the compromise.
Very rarely will he squarely push the logic of a fact
To its ultimate conclusion in unmitigated act.

Fear, or foolishness, impels him, ere he lay the wicked low,
To concede some form of trial even to his fiercest foe.
Mirth obscene diverts his anger—Doubt and Pity oft perplex
Him in dealing with an issue—to the scandal of The Sex!

But the Woman that God gave him, every fibre of her frame
Proves her launched for one sole issue, armed and engined for the same;
And to serve that single issue, lest the generations fail,
The female of the species must be deadlier than the male.

She who faces Death by torture for each life beneath her breast
May not deal in doubt or pity—must not swerve for fact or jest.
These be purely male diversions—not in these her honour dwells—
She the Other Law we live by, is that Law and nothing else.

She can bring no more to living than the powers that make her great
As the Mother of the Infant and the Mistress of the Mate.
And when Babe and Man are lacking and she strides unclaimed to claim
Her right as femme (and baron), her equipment is the same.

She is wedded to convictions—in default of grosser ties;
Her contentions are her children, Heaven help him who denies!—
He will meet no suave discussion, but the instant, white-hot, wild,
Wakened female of the species warring as for spouse and child.

Unprovoked and awful charges—even so the she-bear fights,
Speech that drips, corrodes, and poisons—even so the cobra bites,
Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
And the victim writhes in anguish—like the Jesuit with the squaw!

So it comes that Man, the coward, when he gathers to confer
With his fellow-braves in council, dare not leave a place for her
Where, at war with Life and Conscience, he uplifts his erring hands
To some God of Abstract Justice—which no woman understands.

And Man knows it! Knows, moreover, that the Woman that God gave him
Must command but may not govern—shall enthral but not enslave him.
And She knows, because She warns him, and Her instincts never fail,
That the Female of Her Species is more deadly than the Male.

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Aw c'mon, I'm much better looking in the face than that! Wink

Whilst our mutual Bubble friend and I personally agree, but not that the jury for some reason don't seem to back from lunch yet. Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you think your better looking than the belly dance you HAVE NOT looked in a mirror for years. I thought you wore you belt like tha to hold you hemorrides in rotflmo rotflmo you walk like they hurt all the time jumping

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ah dammit.... gotta clean the keyboard yet AGAIN! animal

I'm crying with laughter here! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
we'lll stop we'll stop please don't start to sing again my ears have just started to heal and stop bleeding from when I was in Iganda with ya CRYBABY CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry nice job on outting Steve now he can join rosey as out of the closet. but I think he's going to have some trouble explaining to Susan what went wrong jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the pictue does kind of worry me it looks like he's backing up to someone or in his case most likely something you know Steve animal vegtable or mineral he will do them all shocker shocker shocker shocker rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
he's crying because I sent the picture to Susan and he heard her screaming with laughter from her office and he know he'll never live it down Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
the pictue does kind of worry me it looks like he's backing up to someone or in his case most likely something you know Steve animal vegtable or mineral he will do them all shocker shocker shocker shocker rotflmo

Even a frog if I can stop it hopping long enough and if I can't it looks like a cowboy on a bucking bronco! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now we know the real reason your fingers smell like buffalo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve the younger years before the beard and grey hair
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

sofa

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
now we know the real reason your fingers smell like buffalo

you know the old saying.... get as close as you can and then get ten yards closer. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AUBREY,
finish the story did the old girl like it when you grabbed her or not??????? jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve are you getting child support from Aubrey for the Skull??????? one thing for sure he runs like all the other airlines!!! without a time table for arrivals or delievery's
rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve the younger years before the beard and grey hair
quote:

sofa

Nah mate. When my hair was that kind of length my waist was smaller... my waist only got big when my hair got short and grey.

Note my girlfriend on my arm. Wink

jumping

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn, looking at that pic has just made me realise that of the five of us, just one had a fairly usual life, one has cancer, one died, one became a PH in Africa and one became an Arctic explorer.

Dunno what happened to the monkeys! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to stop the fun but on a serious note, I sent Steve an e mail apologizing if this offended him. He was a perfect gentleman.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Steve....

Why when when all the forum sharks are circling already do you go and put more blood in the water? rotflmo

Love the threads man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...oRP7FfBw&feature=fvw

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well at least know one can say your first girlfriend was a dog Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAM LARRY NOW EVERYONE KNOW YOUR NOT TELLING THE TRUTH we know Steve better than to beleive that

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve....

Why when when all the forum sharks are circling already do you go and put more blood in the water? rotflmo

Love the threads man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...oRP7FfBw&feature=fvw

Like I've said before, sometimes (actually often) my sense of humour gets the better of me and I just can't help myself!

jumping

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
well at least know one can say your first girlfriend was a dog Big Grin

I've gotta tell you, I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman........ mind you, I've woken up with a few! Wink